Restaurant Revisited: Longbranch Steak and Seafood

by in Shows, July 11th, 2012

Restaurant Impossible

Robert Irvine arrived in Fayetteville, Ga., to help owner Lisa Howard revive Longbranch Steak and Seafood, the restaurant her husband Lindsay gave her two years ago as a wedding gift. Robert and his team raced against the clock to clean up the kitchen, get the staff into shape and give Lisa the confidence and tools to run a successful business. We checked in with the Howards to see how things are going a few months after their Restaurant: Impossible makeover.

“We must admit, it was somewhat of a culture shock to our regulars,” says Lindsay Howard. To help longtime customers adjust, the Howards added back a few of their old favorites alongside Robert’s new menu items, a combination they believe will help them succeed. “We feel confident that we can make our restaurant a place where people want to continue to come and bring others as new patrons,” says Lindsay.

After Robert’s intervention, Lisa is stepping up as a manager and is taking ownership of her shortcomings. “Management duties have changed in many areas since the show,” says Lindsay. With proper staffing, they are working hard to keep the kitchen clean and running smoothly.

“The whole experience was an eye-opening one. We thank everyone involved for the lessons put before us. It is now up to us to follow through. We both still have a tremendous amount of growing to do.”

More from Restaurant Revisited:

Horton’s Kids (June 13)

Pollard’s (May 30)

University Grill (May 23)

Ristorante Barolo (May 16)

Pappas (May 9)

Mama Lee’s (May 2)

Pelican Grill (April 25)

Valley View (March 14)

Explore America’s Best-Ever Pizzas, BBQ, Breakfasts and Burgers on All-New Series

When you consider classic eats like pizza, barbecue, breakfast and burgers, there’s surely no shortage of restaurants at which to find them; fro...

1. maria says:

they are able to do it because they dont have the labor cost , we all know that we couldnt do it and because we dont know all the people robert know and as a company is good advertasing ifthis chef call ans ask you to do it'

2. Lisa says:

That's what it says on almost any website I go to to look for them. I live just south in Newnan and was going to stop by during an interview that I had in Fayetteville.

3. Eve says:

You are so right! I was thinking the same thing

4. Patti says:

This episode should not still be aired as the restaurant is closed as of August 2012!!!

5. I have been browsing online more than 3 hours these days, yet I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It is lovely worth sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the web shall be much more useful than ever before.

6. Occubyeduck says:

Wishinsek
    Tushesserma
    kichincow
    UsemJessapath
    Tushesserma

7. Bob says:

Saw this episode of RI tonight and thought the restaurant would be a good place to visit. Disappointed that, from comments, that the place has closed down. I prefer the updates of the status of the restaurant that used to be shown. It added an added interest in the show.

8. Chris says:

So what happened to the LongBranch in GA?

• Eric says:

After the local community saw the episode air, it took all of a week for the information and disgust of how the owners had let the restaurant turn into the health hazard it was. They closed their doors just over 1 week after the episode aired.

• sandra says:

I believe it was location, people in that area are snooty and because the restaurant started out so nasty they ran them out of their area. Yes I am from Georgia and I know the area.

9. Full Review says:

For most recent news you have to visit world-wide-web and on the web I found this website as a most excellent web page for most up-to-date updates.