Restaurant Revisited: Longbranch Steak and Seafood

by in Shows, July 11th, 2012

Restaurant Impossible

Robert Irvine arrived in Fayetteville, Ga., to help owner Lisa Howard revive Longbranch Steak and Seafood, the restaurant her husband Lindsay gave her two years ago as a wedding gift. Robert and his team raced against the clock to clean up the kitchen, get the staff into shape and give Lisa the confidence and tools to run a successful business. We checked in with the Howards to see how things are going a few months after their Restaurant: Impossible makeover.

“We must admit, it was somewhat of a culture shock to our regulars,” says Lindsay Howard. To help longtime customers adjust, the Howards added back a few of their old favorites alongside Robert’s new menu items, a combination they believe will help them succeed. “We feel confident that we can make our restaurant a place where people want to continue to come and bring others as new patrons,” says Lindsay.

After Robert’s intervention, Lisa is stepping up as a manager and is taking ownership of her shortcomings. “Management duties have changed in many areas since the show,” says Lindsay. With proper staffing, they are working hard to keep the kitchen clean and running smoothly.

“The whole experience was an eye-opening one. We thank everyone involved for the lessons put before us. It is now up to us to follow through. We both still have a tremendous amount of growing to do.”

More from Restaurant Revisited:

Horton’s Kids (June 13)

Pollard’s (May 30)

University Grill (May 23)

Ristorante Barolo (May 16)

Pappas (May 9)

Mama Lee’s (May 2)

Pelican Grill (April 25)

Valley View (March 14)

Restaurant Revisited: Culture Clash at Marie’s at Ummat Cafe

“This is tasteless,” Robert Irvine said of the tableful of dishes he sampled at Marie’s at Ummat Cafe in Atlanta. It turns out that ...

1. Tucker says:

I can't believe people consent to show the public their filthy vile sanitation issues and then expect them to come and eat at their restaurant. No wonder the place is closed. The kitchen staff itself seems to find basic hygiene a challenging concept. Once a roach infested pig sty, always a roach infested pig sty.

• ZombieMom says:

I think that if they are willing to go on the show and let the viewers see all the dirty garbage – it is fair to offer them a second opportunity – Think about all the eateries out there that we never see what is in the kitchen….but we may think they have the best food…we never ask to go visit the kitchen – although I think the bathrooms always give you a good view of what the kitchen is going to look like…so use the restroom to wash YOUR hands before you dine….how often does everyone clean under the stove or fridge? But once you look at it you realize….wow, I did not know I was that dirty…. :-) Blessings to all~

• Alan says:

I felt the same way, but I live within 30 miles from this restaurant and I told my wife, after seeing the infestation, that I wouldn't go there and eat period. . . sorry. They've been closed for a sometime now though, a couple of years maybe or so.

2. GAREVIEWER says:

The updates here that don't note the restaurant closed are misleading and should be updated.

3. Foodie says:

Just did a Google search and read the place went out if business in June.

4. C man says:

I wish the food network would just tell the public how the longbranch steakhouse is doing. Rather then just keep us wondering. We watch the show and they dont give us shit for details. They want you to believe everything is hunky dory. I cant stand large corp. bullshit.