What to Watch: Chopped Grill Masters This Sunday

by in Shows, July 19th, 2012

ted allenIt’s grill or be grilled when Chopped heads to the Wild, Wild West for its newest special, Chopped Grill Masters. Tune in this Sunday at 10pm/9c to watch the first four competitors battle it out on the grill for a chance at the $50,000 grand prize. These grilling professionals will face not only the dreaded mystery basket of ingredients, but the elements as well, as the competition takes place outside in the harsh Arizona desert.

Watch as host Ted Allen and your favorite judges, Amanda Freitag, Marc Murphy and Aarón Sánchez, don their boots and spurs and head out West for the most heated Chopped showdown yet.

Hone your own skills on the grill by checking out all the great tips and recipes on Food Network’s Grilling Central, then tune in this Sunday, July 22, at 10/9c to catch all the action in the first epic face-off. Who will win and who will be chopped? Contestants, fire up your grills!

Guy Fieri on the Family Dynamics at Play on Triple G: Family Style

Guy Fieri reveals what makes the upcoming Guy's Grocery Games: Family Style competition so unique....

1. Qwonk says:

Chef Galen though quite talented did not give the big grilled flavor the judges wanted.

He is also quite arrogant and unkind in the way he spoke about his competitors.
    There is a difference between confidence and arrogance, confidence says "I can do this".
    Arrogance says "I can do this and the others are beneath me." Be kind in your words… you say one thing to their face and another when they are gone, Uh buddy this is a TV show and you are on camera. Is it possible that they may see how two faced you were putting them down. He did not deserve to win. The judges were right. Wonderful Chef but not the best on the grill.

2. Mary Rubino says:

Watched the Grill Master Chopped segment on Sunday night. Very disapointed!!!!!My question is 'You invited three barbeque masters and one clasic trained chef. Only in the appetizer round was there beef for grillin. The next round was fish. How can you expect barbeque masters to excel in fish preparation. One contestant said he never cooked fish in his life and you could see that when he attempted to filet the fish. My opinion is do not call the show grillin, invite barbeque masters and then give the mystery ingredient as a fish.

3. John says:

the judges obviously just pick who they want to win since the Grill Masters edition let the guy who didn't use sauerkraut and couldn't filet a fish properly win over the NYC chef! A grilled quesadilla??? Are they serious?! I've seen enough nonsense from this show. I always thought the ingredients they picked were outrageous but this just goes to a whole new level.

4. Shannon says:

Last nights episode? How many times did the annoying girl who says she is like "Annie Oakley" claim she was only on the show to find a date. Ok, food network editing, maybe her making that statement 10 times was more than enough? If she would have won, I would have cried.

5. Steve Allison says:

My wife and I love Chopped. After watching last night's show, we thought a military show or series like Grill masters might be fun. Each branch of the military, army, navy, air force, marines, would send their top chef of four if a series, and they would match skills. If a series, each branch would have it's own elimination then the four would represent their brach in the final.

• TheDuke121 says:

Did you see the one regular episode where the chef dropped the food on the floor and then actually cooked it? The crazy part was the judges didn't eliminate that person. I would have to say that is the #1 mortal sin in the kitchen. The MC and judges even seen them do it and then decided to chop someone else. I have to say I used to love this show but if that's what they support I can't watch it anymore.

6. Liza says:

Ok, I was just watching the semi final episode of Grill Masters… the one with plantains for dessert. And I had to comment, because I heard Aaron Sanchez actually saying that plantains are nothing like bananas and listen to this, they are a root vegetable. WHAT!!!! first off, they are in the same category as bananas, they only difference is they way the fruits are consumed. Also, THEY GROW ON A TREE! How is that a "root vegetable"?? OMG. Every latin cheff should know what a plantain is and where they come from! what a shame!

7. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog thus i got here to go back the choose?.I am trying to to find issues to enhance my site!I suppose its adequate to make use of some of your concepts!!

8. Avid fan says:

Ted is awesome. Love the sneakers!!!