Best 5 Banana Bread Recipes by Maria Russo in Recipes, July 19th, 2012
- Comments (3)
One of those timeless recipes that almost everyone has a memory of enjoying, classic banana bread is a buttery, just-sweet-enough loaf that pairs perfectly with a morning cup of coffee or an after-dinner scoop of ice cream. The secret to making the best-tasting banana bread is using overly ripe bananas. You know those super-soft, dark-brown nanners that have been sitting on your counter for the last seven days? Use those — they’ll offer the most-concentrated banana flavor and ensure moist, rich bread. Check out Food Network’s roundup of its best five banana bread recipes, a mix of classic and creative loaves that your whole family will enjoy.
5. Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Glaze – Food Network Magazine takes classic banana bread to the next level by adding to the batter decadent chocolate chips and covering the loaf with a shiny chocolate topping.
4. Mom’s Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips – Melissa d’Arabian’s mom adds a splash of fresh orange juice to her chocolate-studded bread, which delivers subtle citrus flavor and moisture.
3. Banana Bread With Pecans – For added texture to his buttery banana bread, Tyler keeps his mashed bananas a bit chunky and mixes in finely chopped pecans.
2. Flour’s Famous Banana Bread – This straight-from-a-restaurant recipe uses a combination of oil and sour cream —instead of butter and milk — to make the bread extra soft and moist.
1. Banana Bread – Best when spread with a pat of butter, drizzled with honey or served with vanilla ice cream, this five-star recipe is an easy-to-prepare classic that won’t disappoint.
Watch Tyler make his Banana Bread With Pecans recipe in this video:
Visit Food Network for more of our best recipes.