3 Days to Open: Melt Mobile

by in Shows, July 20th, 2012

melt mobile
When Bobby Flay arrived at Diana and Darlene’s Melt Mobile food truck in Stamford, Conn., he wasn’t sure if this venture would ever take to the road — especially since the team had just three days until the opening. These two best friends quit their jobs to pursue this dream, but after mortgaging their homes, they were left with almost no money to open their business with. Before Bobby could consider the task complete, he needed to help the team fix these six crucial issues: organization, food knowledge, wait time, expediting, food quality and packaging.

Bobby left his mission saying that he felt Melt Mobile was “a well-oiled machine.” Is it still running that way? Has Darlene and Diana’s friendship withstood all the stress of opening a business? We checked in with Melt Mobile to see how things are going a few months after their visit from Bobby. Click play on the video below for a 3 Days to Open update.

More from 3 Days to Open:

Sticky’s Finger Joint (July 15)

Savoring a Sweet Takedown: The Savory Side of Dessert — Chopped After Hours

When it comes to creating a successful dessert, it’s often about striking the right balance. Cloyingly sweet is not necessarily how you want to ...

1. Gladys Kennedy says:

I enjoyed Three Days to Open and thought that Bobby Flay gave some valuable advice to the fledgling entrepreneurs and hope their success continues.
    I have noticed that as of late we seem to be seeing the same Food Network stars over and over again. I enjoyed Down Home With the Neelys and The show Sunny Anderson , but I don't see them on the network anymore. I would hope to see more variety in the chefs that arre presented.
    Oh, yes, my all time favorite now is Chopped.

2. Barbara says:

Good job Bobby Flay on the new series" 3 Days to open". Hooray for Food Network.for having such fun cooking shows to watch. Bobby Flay "IS" Food Network! Those who speak negatively about FN , "Go away and and be neagative somewhere else"! We like it. Thanks Food Network keep up the good work.

• Am_I_Drooling says:

I think there is always room for criticism about most anything and when you are producing shows for the general public, it's good to hear ALL views. Heck, you never know…it can make for a better show in the end. So lighten up on the comments, if you don't like them…just skip 'em. I guarantee that Food Network's "feelings" aren't hurt by a good critique.

3. Kae says:

i can't see the video!! Food network ,,,Fail

4. Donna says:

Absolutely LOVE this show. Bobby Flay is so much more fun to watch than restaurant impossible, and it's amazing to see him assess what's needed and turn around situations that seem doomed for failure. He's one of the true pro's on the Food Network and this new show is my new favorite!

5. Roger says:

Get rid of Flash. Give everybody an update or I am not watching. I was nice the first time but I would like to here that food network is doing something.

6. mymollie says:

I’d love to find out how these 3 days to open people are doing, but w/o flash, I can’t get an update. First of all, if you can’t see an update at the end of the show, then you should be able to read an update online. Given the fact that Food Network doesn’t care about it’s viewers, I will not be watching this show, or any others. It’s not worth my time when I can’t see an update.

7. freebieking says:

I really like Bobby Flay's personality. I think the worst episode was Mobile Meltdown because it even stressed me out and I was not even there. Good job to all and I am glad a lot of success is being achieved from Bobby's guidance.

8. Sandy says:

Wish I could see the update but there is a big empty space on my iPad. :(. Please foodnetwork join the 21st century. Mobile is in….

9. Sheila says:

It seems a lot of people are having issues with the internet players to see the updates. How about an update episode at the end of the season to show how all the businesses are doing, or a pre next season episode that will show how the shops doing after their shows aired.l.

10. Indy327 says:

Wish I could see the updates on my iPad…