Best 5 Turkey Burgers by Maria Russo in Recipes, June 1st, 2012
- Comments (3)
This summer, Food Network’s Grilling Central is packed with recipes for the entire family’s taste buds, boasting the best in burgers, dogs, chicken and more all season long. But with so many recipes, where do you start? Each Friday, FN Dish is giving you a roundup of stress-free summer favorites and this weekend, dinner will feature easy-to-prepare turkey burgers.
As juicy as beef patties, but leaner and milder in flavor, turkey burgers are an ideal canvas to showcase any number of flavors and textures. Before grilling, add to ground turkey a selection of sauces, fresh vegetables, herbs and spices to flavor the burger and ensure its moistness, and top with soft cheeses, crisp greens, mayonnaise, mustard and more to complete it. Check out Food Network’s top five turkey burger recipes, each with a different tasty twist and all go-to main dishes for your weekend cookout spread.
5. Perfect Turkey Burgers – Food Network Magazine’s mushroom-laced burgers are topped with smooth avocado slices and built atop toasted English muffins.
4. Stuffed Turkey Burgers – Inside Ellie’s moist turkey patties is a combination of creamy mozzarella cheese and roasted red peppers.
3. Turkey Burgers – Bobby tops his quick-cooking burgers with soft goat cheese, fresh watercress and a drizzle of homemade Meyer Lemon-Honey Mustard.
2. Southwest Turkey Burgers – No barbecue? No problem. Rachael sears her spiced, herbed burgers in a stovetop skillet and finishes them with crispy bacon and crunchy, cool lettuce.
1. Turkey Burger – A savory mixture of soy sauce, fresh ginger, garlic and water chestnuts is combined with ground turkey to guarantee that Anne’s cheddar-garnished burgers are juicy and flavorful.
Planning on making one of these dishes? Snap a photo and post it on Food Network’s Facebook wall.