What to Watch: Food Network Star

by in Shows, May 11th, 2012

food network starYouTube Preview Image
Food Network Star kicks off its eighth season this Sunday night, but this year’s competition will be like nothing you’ve seen before. Three of Food Network’s finest chefs and superstars – Alton Brown, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis – are joining the contest, not as judges, but as guiding mentors to groups of five hand-picked Star hopefuls. With the advice and support of their coaches, finalists on Team Alton, Team Bobby and Team Giada will battle it out week after week in the ultimate job interview to prove they have what it takes to host their own Food Network show.

Get to know each of the contestants before Sunday night’s episode by watching a never-before-seen casting special on Saturday, May 12 at 9pm/8c. Alton, Bobby and Giada reveal why they chose each finalist for their respective teams and offer a behind-the-scenes look into this season’s competitive casting process.

Then tune in to the season eight premiere of Food Network Star on Sunday, May 13 at 9pm/8c to see which finalists are early favorites and who gets sent home first.

Cast your preseason Fan Vote now and join the #Star conversation on Twitter. Tell us: Will you be rooting for #TeamAlton, #TeamBobby or #TeamGiada

Restaurant Revisited: No Laughing Matter at Uncle Andy’s Diner

While Robert Irvine is no stranger to unusual and unfortunate scenes after years of Restaurant: Impossible missions, nothing could have prepared him ...

1. Tricia Burandt says:

I love the new format as well. Alton is so fun to watch. I like all three of the judges, because they are all different and different styles and view points. It makes it interesting. I love the competitiveness of the whole show. Between the contestants and the judges going against each other. Give it a chance, it will be good.

2. kay says:

im really not intrested in watching a female guy ferro

• elaine says:

But youll watch Guy Ferro, Him being male & all. If Michelle put on a dress & had long hair, you wouldnt have a problem with her.

3. Cindy says:

I enjoyed this episode! I love the new format. The lady I was for Christie, she got voted off so now I have to find someone else. The guy was talking like he was the best I don't like that in a person. Yes they should talk about how good they are but not better then the other person.I can't wait until tomorrow night and watch the next one.

4. Melin says:

Watched for the first time….loved it. Since I hadn't seen previous seasons I cannot judge format change but did like this. I didn't think the mentors were overly nasty just loyal to their teams….most, if not all, complimented members of other teams. I do like the 'cook-off' aspect as it gives contenders a chance to overcome a bad day or situation. I did think they made the right decision in week one. I am a veteran and come from a military family but among other things, I thought Chrissy tried to play on that too much….the challenge was to their Mothers…brother story was awesome but not on point. The only thing she mentioned was he came home on Mothers day. Anyway, looking forward to following the season.

5. Cindy says:

Anybody think that Josh = Jordan Catalano's older brother??

6. Hurrah! Its also good post concerning JavaScript, I am truly keen of learning JavaScript. thanks admin

7. Adrien Reidy says:

Dear Food Network Star, the show is so hard to watch because it really focuses on how awkward and not camera ready some people are. I think only the last segment should focus on the bad people. I rather see less of the people who are hard to watch I mean it makes it so uncomfortable I told my husband I may want to stop watching the show. A good funny mess up or a horrible concept is fun but when people's personality gets run over that's tough to watch. Plus for the recipes that work, having those people do little teaching blurbs about how they made it would be great! Like the guy who made his ricotta from scratch for his lasagna or the chick who made the hard boiled egg wrapped in something. I don't even remember what it was because they were too busy bashing personalities. It's the food network, people watch because they like food and new ideas about food. I think the food needs to be more of a star , it's a tv show of course we know you need personality. It's just my opinion, we watch for the food and the personalities are a bonus!

8. annie says:

What is with GIada??!! I have always been a real fan of hers and I expected her to really be supportive and helpful to her people but on this show – she is really coming across as a b—-h! She doesn't help her contestants and all the dirty looks, sighs, and worthless comments have really changed my opinion of her. Bobby and Alton seem really involved and delighted with the success of their people – theywill get my votes as excellent mentors.

9. What’s up to all, the YouTube video that is posted at at this place has truly good quality beside with pleasant audio feature

10. Douglas Blay says:

Very fascinating info! Perfect what exactly I was looking for! Better and also ugly deal with than the ugly thoughts. by David.