Daytime Emmy Nominations Are Out: Congrats to Giada, Bobby, Guy, Jeff, Sandra, Paula and More

by in Events, News, May 9th, 2012

2012 food network emmy nominations
Today, the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) announced the nominees for the 39th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards, and Food Network has multiple reasons to celebrate — make that 12 reasons.

Four of our very own shows are nominated for Outstanding Culinary Program: Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction, Giada at Home, Guy’s Big Bite and Sandwich King.

Food Network is also nominated for the following awards:

Outstanding Lifestyle/ Culinary Host: Giada De Laurentiis for Giada at Home, Paula Deen for Paula’s Best Dishes and Sandra Lee for Semi-Homemade Cooking.

Outstanding Special Class Special: Thanksgiving Live!

Outstanding Directing in a Lifestyle/ Culinary Program: Giada at Home

Outstanding Achievement in Makeup: Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee

Outstanding Achievement in Multiple Camera Editing: Giada at Home

Outstanding Achievement in Single Camera Photography (Film or Electronic): Giada at Home

The winners of each category will be announced on June 23, 2012, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

How to Plate Your Food Like a Pro

When it comes to serving food, presentation may not be everything — there’s taste to consider, after all — but studies have shown it can h...

1. Neb says:

It's really too bad that Giada and Paula Deen are not shown more on Food Network Canada. I wish our programming on Food Network Canada was as good as it is on the Food Network in the U.S. We don't have anywhere near close to the variety as on Food Network in the States. I'm glad that we at least get Sandwich King and Diners Drive Ins and Dives. Not sure what happend to Guy's Big Bite on FNC? We don't even get Next Food Network Star until weeks after it starts in the States.
    Having years of experience watching Food Network in the States, Food Network Canada is totally depressing.

• ash says:

The variety in the US is lacking as well. There are whole day's when all FN plays is Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I wish they would air more shows from the Cooking Channel, or even show re-runs of older FNS Seasons or cooking shows.

2. Julia says:

I completely agree with “Ned” regarding the absence of variety @ the FNC!! What can we as viewers do about it?! I also miss the English version of “Dining Out”(5 strangers host a dinner each night and then rate it..I don’t know if I have the title correct?) the English version is much more hilarious!!

3. catherine says:

Congradulations to all ……

4. ash says:

What, no nominations for Rachael?

5. Sandy says:

Congratulations to all. I just love Bobby Flay. He is so gracious and kind. Giada is beautiful and has some great low cal receipes.
    I am glad Paula Dean has been nominated. She doesn't deserve all of the negative news about her diabetes. There are so many celebrities endorsing all kinds of products and no one criticizes them. She was a single Mom who took care of her sons and prospered
    I can't wait for the "next Food Network Star" to begin.

6. Gloria says:

Love Ina Garten and her recipes. I wonder why she is not nominated for her wonderful recipes and delightful shows. She is also not featured in any other FN shows. It's a pity. She is so warm, gracious, and knowledgeable.

7. Charli says:

I LOVE the food network but I don't understand why the show the same eposides of the same show everyday. I understand that some are very popular but what happened to THE NEELEY'S, CLAIRE ROBINSON, SUNNY ANDERSON???!! I feel like they have all disappeared and we are forced to watch DD&D all day!!

8. john spratta says:

FN Has gone down hill. They a took a winning format of Cooking Shows and have migrated into Entertainment reality TV. I suppose this is the financial model that produces the best profit, but I long for the days of watching good chefs prepare good food – especially when it offered real insight – Like Good Eats. We used to keep FN on our TV all the time – no longer it's just not that interesting anymore. Yea we may watch a show or two, but it's definitely lost something over the years.

9. Mary Lou says:

I'm so disappointed in what has happened to FNC. It is only challenges, cake bakes, cup cake challenges, the next food star and lots of reruns that I have seen more times than I care to remember. What has happened to the real cooking shows? I watched the food channel all the time and learned things, now I hardy ever turn it on. When I do turn it on to a good show themusic is so loud it is difficult to hear the person cookin. Oh well, what can I do? So disappointed!

10. Guest says:

The Sandwich King???? OMG….That is not a show i would ever watch…i'd much rather watch Good Eats…he is so fake…sorry can't believe he is even on the air.