- Comments (5)
Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of summer, and what better way to kick off a sun-filled season than with a menu of relaxed, casual eats and drinks? Check out Food Network’s top five recipes for Memorial Day weekend and serve these beauties at your backyard cookout, holiday barbecue or neighborhood get-together.
5. Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes – Boasting layers of strawberry-laced whipped cream and in-season berries, stacks of cocoa-scented shortcakes from Food Network Magazine are the ultimate summertime dessert.
4. Beer Punch – Sunny’s adults-only punch bowl features fresh berries, a squirt of lime juice, grenadine and two bottles of beer.
3. Mini Pork Cheeseburgers – Complete these slider-style burgers with slices of spicy cheese and soft, sweet caramelized onions.
2. Mary Alice’s Hoagie Dip – To create this eat-with-your-hands appetizer, add deli meat and cheese, fresh vegetables, pickled peppers and herbs to a hollowed bread loaf and serve with extra bread.
1. Creamy Potato Salad – Made with a horseradish-spiked mayonnaise-based dressing, Food Network Magazine’s rich but light side dish (pictured above) is ready to enjoy in only 25 minutes.