Best 5 Cucumber Salads for Spring by Maria Russo in Recipes, May 17th, 2012
- Comments (8)
Light and refreshing yet filling and satisfying, cucumber salads are easy-to-prepare, quick-cooking side dishes that complement any spring menu. The key to crafting a cucumber salad is to start with fresh, firm cucumbers — like those pictured above from Food Network Magazine — and add simple, clean flavors. Check out Food Network’s top five cucumber salad recipes below to find a mix of creative and traditional takes on this classic spring dish.
5. Grilled Red Onion and Cucumber Salad With Yogurt-Mint Dressing — Bobby completes his 20-minute side by sprinkling tangy feta cheese on top.
4. Fresh Cucumber Salad — Made with English cucumber, cool honeydew and jalapeno, Claire Robinson creates a no-fuss salad that is both sweet and a bit spicy.
3. Snap Pea and Cucumber Salad — In-season peas star in Giada’s vibrant side dish, boasting bright cherry tomatoes, fresh dill and a lemon-scented dressing.
2. Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad — Rachael recommends serving this no-cook salad with hearty, crusty bread, and dunking it in the simply seasoned vinaigrette.
1. Cucumber Salad — Ellie adds just one teaspoon of sugar to her salad to balance the acidity of the vinegar and the sharpness of the red onion.