Country Music Star Trisha Yearwood Answers Your Questions

by in Community, Food Network Chef, April 13th, 2012

trisha yearwood
Country music star Trisha Yearwood invites y’all into her Nashville kitchen starting tomorrow morning (10:30am/9:30c) on Food Network. She’ll cook up Southern favorites, share stories and keep her door open for family and friends.

Yesterday, Food Network Facebook, Twitter and Google+ fans got the chance to ask Trisha about her favorites, like Sunday meals, comfort foods and potluck pleasers.

@paint_it_golden on Twitter asked: What’s your favorite dish to cook on a regular basis?
TY: Basic stuff like spaghetti and black-bean lasagna.

@kongatoast on Twitter asked: What’s your favorite Sunday meal?
TY: Having roast beef, rice and gravy always reminds me of Sundays growing up.

Ann Garvin on Facebook asked: How do you plan out your weekly menu?
TY: Haha! I don’t. I have good intentions, but I never seem to plan ahead.

Doris Marett Housley on Facebook asked: When invited to someone’s home for a potluck dinner, what dish do you bring?
TY: I usually bring dessert so it doesn’t have to be warm. Something easy like Sweet and Saltines.

@MoltenNotebook on Twitter asked: Are there any good Southern dishes for vegetarians, aside from the desserts?
TY: I make my TY Thai Salad without chicken. It’s full of good veggies and has an awesome lime-cilantro dressing.

Kim Price Arnold on Facebook asked: What recipe do you make that people always ask you for after they’ve tried it?
TY: Key lime cake

Kat Roman on Facebook asked: Which recipe has been passed down from your family that you’ve personalized a little? Or what’s your favorite childhood recipe?
TY: One of my favorite recipes of all time is my Grandma Lizzie’s cornbread dressing. We serve it at Thanksgiving, but I make it other times of the year, too, because I can’t stand the thought of only eating it once a year.

Stephen E. Bradshaw on Facebook asked: What’s your favorite Southern comfort food dish?
TY: Mashed potatoes

Heather Wilson on Facebook asked: What part of the South did you grow up in?
TY: I grew up in middle Georgia.

Take a sneak peek inside Trisha’s Southern Kitchen and tune in tomorrow at 10:30am/9:30c for her premiere episode.

Win a Cutting Board Autographed by Alton Brown and a Copy of Good Eats 3

Alton is Food Network’s resident food historian, the overall respected voice of reason as a mentor-judge on Food Network Star, and the eviliciou...

1. jennifer says:

Hi my name is jennifer and im eleven years old and my grandma is the best cooker and i love her to death she is and awesome chef and it would be cool if she was on tv or something please right back.
    lots of love jennifer, <3

2. AHW says:

Just what this network needs: another show about people who cook using things out of boxes. I won't be watching, which has been happening frequently these days.

3. Donna says:

Luv it, wants some more of it. I cant find her recipe on food network for the cheese sticks. please put it on here. Way to Go Trisha and FoodNetwork!

4. Cookin' Margie says:

To AHW: It isn't always ALL about the cooking, but alternative television, different cooking styles that might appeal to someone besides you, about friends and family gathering. Personally, I loved it :-)

5. Shay says:

Despite the food network being one of my favorites, I absolutely refuse to turn this show on. I will do all I can do avoid it and I hope it bombs. She whored around with a married man (which makes him just as guilty) probably to boost her limp career and get her foot in his spotlight and I refuse to support such behavior. As much as I used to love Garth's music, I refuse to support him as well. This is what is wrong with the world today…morals just don't mean anything anymore and all that matter are fame and money. I applaud Sandy and the daughters for overcoming this years ago and having to now deal with this tramp in their lives. Disgusting!

• Sharryn says:

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Just because someone is famous, doesn't give them the right to do as they please, morally or legally. The Bible laws exist for everyone. GOD clearly states how he feels about what they did. As for "judging" them, you are merely stating facts that GOD already laid out in the Bible. It doesn't matter what went on in their private lives. GOD said don't do it and nothing else matters. When people quote the Bible, we aren't thumping it, we are trying to teach nonbelievers what it really says. Accepting and ignoring wrong behavior is the same as condoning it.

• @dirtyjeep78 says:

I am sure they don't lose any sleep at night over your holier than thou opinion.

• Nanna says:

You applaud Sandy for moving on when will you let go and allow the love of God to be seen and heard though you? Bitterness,resentment, and unforgiveness is a poison to the body,spirit,and soul. We must pray for one another! Release the pain allow the healing balm of God to work within you and through you.

6. dj53 says:

wow..shay.my my my..I didn't recieve the notice that God had passed away and left you in charge…talk about a judgemental ASS….I'm guessing you don't know Garth or Trisha or Sandy at all..but you sure seem to THINK you know exactly what happened in their PRIVATE LIFES….ever heard the saying..don't assume..because you make an ass out of yourself…I find people like you..who voice their factless judgements without anyone remotely asking plain annoying as hell…I'm sure that Garth is not suffering a bit because you aren't buying his CD's and that Trisha will do just fine if you don't watch her show….As for Her Show..I think its going to do great..I think she is a talented and lovely woman who loves her husband and her stepdaughters..Its just a shame she has to tolerate ill mannered, offensive disrespectful, judgemental dimwits like you who think that because they thump their bible that gives them the right to do GODS job..last I heard..he stated Judge not lest ye be Judged…oh and don't forget about that whole he who is with out sin..cast the first stone.

7. Judy says:

Loved Trisha's first show, and she is a natural on camera. The cheese straws look especially yummy, and the song was beautiful. Please keep her show going strong!

8. Rose says:

Trisha Yearwood stick to your night job. Do not like the show borning.

9. Melissa says:

I love this new show! We will make the macaroni and cheese this weekend. Keep it coming!

10. Todd says:

I enjoy the show so very much!!! My family and I are making mac and cheese for dinner tonight cant wait to see more of your shows!!! Can you post the chicken and Dumplings receipe?