Yes, our Communal Table events are usually open to everyone, but we wanted Mom to sit back today and watch as we aggregate recipes for a meal she’ll always remember. This is her big day, so we have to make sure we cover our ground for all possible meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Whether you’re a dad, grandfather, uncle, cousin or brother, we want you to participate. On Thursday, May 10, we’ll be launching our first dad-only Communal Table on the blog. Whether you write for a popular food website or you’re the owner of a small food blog, help us spread the word and pull up a chair.
1. Participants will create a post/article on their respective sites about the dish they are “bringing” to The Communal Table for Mother’s Day. Within each post will be links to the other sites that are participating. This way, fans all over the Web will see what everyone is “bringing to the table.” For an example of how we link to each other, see the bottom of our recent Super Bowl Communal Table.
2. In order to do this successfully, I’ll need the URL for your post/article no later than 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 8. I’ll send an email out first thing Wednesday morning so you can add everyone’s links to your post.
3. If you’d like to participate, email FNDish@foodnetwork.com with the subject line: Mother’s Day Communal Table and I’ll add you to the Google document.
3. To keep the conversation going on Twitter, we’re using the hashtag #pullupachair that day. We encourage you to also use it.
For more details about FN Dish’s Virtual Mother’s Day, please email FNDish@foodnetwork.com with the subject line: Mother’s Day Communal Table.
Get the recipe pictured above: The Eggbert’s Sunriser
- Andrew’s Lucky Chopsticks, a Reminder of Asia’s Bustling Food Culture
- Bobby and Michael Turned the Big Apple Into One Big Backyard BBQ at the New York City Wine & Food Festival
- Food and Theater Take Center Stage at Broadway Tastes with Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka
- The Stars Came Out and Gloves Came Off at Guy’s Food Fight