Food Network Magazine’s Chopped Challenge

by in Food Network Magazine, Shows, April 3rd, 2012

chopped basket
Can you make an entrée from this Chopped mystery basket? Try your luck, then see what host Ted Allen made.

The Challenge: Create an entrée using peanut butter, chicken breast, sauerkraut and frozen cherries. You must use all four mystery ingredients, plus any others you’d like.

The Prize: The inventor of the best recipe using the mystery ingredients will win a $1,000 gift card to foodnetworkstore.com, plus a Chopped gift basket. Go to foodnetwork.com/choppedchallenge by midnight tonight to enter your recipe.

chopped challenge ingredients

Peanut Butter: We made sure at least one item in the basket was a pantry staple.

Frozen Cherries: Every mystery basket on Chopped comes with a curveball like this one.

Sauerkraut: Many Chopped baskets contain a strongly flavored ingredient; if used incorrectly, it could dominate the dish.

Chicken Breast: Main course Chopped baskets usually contain a protein that can star in the entrée.

chicken-peanut achat pickle soup

Ted made Chicken-Peanut Curry Soup With Achat Pickle (pictured above). What will you submit?

Catch the new season of Chopped All-Stars starting April 8 at 9 p.m. ET.

Tags:

How Do You Take Your Pie?

Food Network Magazine wants to know how you prefer pie. Answer the poll questions below, then see how your pastry opinion stacks up to others’ t...

1. tkwblog says:

I'm disappointed that you haven't answered the question…when will the winners be announced? I haven't even received an acknowledgement that my recipe was entered. Surely an automated email is not to much to ask for? Chopped is one of my favorite FN shows! I was so pumped to try my own hand it, now I'm feeling a little distressed by the FNM handling of it.

2. Julie says:

I love Chopped but I think you should use food that real people eat ! Who picks these items anyway !
    Did you get a truckload deal on Plantain? I think the last three shows I watched used Plantain. Come on people ! Go back to using more common accessable foods please, that way us non-chef viewers can get some great cooking ideas.
    I would think the basic goal of the show is to teach viewers how to use new common foods and spices in new ways.
    And yes I do realize this is a competition show for entertainment…….but it could be a dual purpose show also for all of us who love the show.

• Corinthean says:

If they made it easy then it would not be a challenge. These are foods that 'REAL" people eat, just because you or anyone that you may know does not eat them does not mean that others don't. The foods chosen come from all parts of the world where real people live, EAT, and breath.

• Eva says:

You are so right! I do "CHopped" at home. I buy something that I have not cooked or seen before and it is an adventure! Just saw MUtiny on the Bounty again. Wish they could put breadfruit in a chopped basket! So much drama about breadfruit and we have never seen it anywhere! LIsten up CHopped people….

3. Casey says:

I LOVED this! Sauerkraut is not something I ever cared for and this challenge pushed me to expand my pallet. I know it’s not feasible to make it a contest every month, at least not a monetary one. I think it would be a great monthly article, give four ingredients and publish some of them in the magazine. I know publishing has some quick turn around times so the first one would have to be in the month after next’s issue, but once started I think a lot of readers would love the challenges and seeing what at home chefs like themselves are doing. Every month could feature a Food Network Star using the ingredients as well.

4. sandv341 says:

I have been waiting to hear the winner of Food Network Magazine's Chopped Challenge. I know the winner is supposed to be contacted this week. Will it be announced online?

• Juli says:

Still waiting for the winner to be announced. I didn't even get confirmation that they received my recipe. :(

5. SA Foodie says:

I am definitely a Food Network junkie and appreciate the variety of regular shows, talents and special events that the network puts together. Bringing back some of the voted off chefs is always a treat – except when they are villian-type people. Penny Davidi was mean and vindictive when she was on Next Food Network Star and in my opinion even worse on Chopped All Stars. Self-centered, unsupportive people like her do nothing for the Food Network but bring it down to the same level as some of the other trashy networks.

6. mememe says:

When will the winner be announced Food Network Magazine editors???

7. SFIDC Retired says:

I am suprised that I have not seen the winner of this challenge in Food Network Magazine for June.

• mememe says:

I was surprised by that too. There is a new "name this dish" contest and the winner of the last one….but NOTHING about the Chopped Challenge.
      The official rules page stated the winner would be notified on or around April 24th…..maybe they meant April of 2013….because that date is well past "on or around"

Who won?????

8. My sis informed me about your website and just how great it really is. She’s proper, We are actually impressed with all the writing and slick design. This indicates in my opinion you’re just scratching a floor by means of anything you may accomplish, but you’re off and away to a fantastic begin!

9. I have mastered some important things through your site post. One some other thing I would like to mention is that there are numerous games around designed designed for preschool age toddlers. They involve pattern approval, colors, pets, and variations. These generally concentrate on familiarization as an option to memorization. This helps to keep little children engaged with out experiencing like they are studying. Thanks

10. Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea