Best 5 Easy Dinner Recipes by Maria Russo in Recipes, April 24th, 2012
- Comments (22)
Though there’s a certain time and place in which it is exciting to experiment with hands-on, over-the-top recipes that require planning and patience, your busy kitchen at about 6 p.m. on a weekday is not it. Instead, that time calls for a no-fuss meal that your whole family will enjoy, and that can be quickly and effortlessly prepped. We’ve rounded up Food Network’s best five go-to dinner recipes, so that even on the busiest evening, you can cook up a complete, feel-good meal.
5. Grilled Pork With Grape-and-Arugula Salad — Lean boneless pork chops need just 5 minutes to marinate in a shallot-thyme vinaigrette to ensure they adopt bold, full flavor.
4. Tomato Gorgonzola Soup — A drizzle of cider vinaigrette before serving balances the richness of the creamy, cheesy soup, made with sweet onions, fresh garlic and crushed tomatoes.
3. Halibut With Tuscan Beans and Endive — A meaty and firm fish, halibut is mild in flavor and pairs nicely with cannellini beans, roasted red peppers and rosemary.
2. Chicken With Sun-Dried Tomato, Eggplant and Basil — Top garlic-laced chicken cutlets with a dollop of soft ricotta cheese and a warm sun-dried tomato, pine nut-eggplant mixture.
1. Caribbean Rice and Beans — Complete with turkey kielbasa, healthful brown rice, collard greens and black-eyed peas, Food Network Magazine’s hearty dish (pictured above) is a full, balanced meal.