Classic Diner Dishes Reinvented — Worst Cooks in America

by in Shows, March 5th, 2012

team bobby worst cooks in america
The fourth episode of Worst Cooks in America had the remaining recruits tackling some of America’s favorite dishes in a quintessential atmosphere — a New Jersey diner. Diners have been a part of American history since the late 1800s and often resemble a mobile home. Known for offering a wide variety of dishes like French fries, nachos, grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken fingers and milk shakes, diners are a casual place to grab a bite to eat.

This week, Bobby and Anne tasked their teams with making two of those dishes: French fries for Team Anne and nachos for Team Bobby. Each team was shown the basics of frying and then they were asked to reinvent the classes with creative toppings.

Members from Team Anne aced the creativity portion of their test, creating sauces, guacamole and frying up eggs, but many of them had an issue with cooking the fry perfectly. According to Anne, all French fries should be double-fried; watch this video to learn how to cook French fries perfectly.

Members from Team Bobby also got creative. We saw recruits create dessert nachos, Mediterranean nachos, sweet and spicy and Italian nachos. With ingredients ranging from blueberries and raspberries to chicken sausage and rib-eye steak, Bobby was also impressed with presentation.

What would you put on top of your French fries and nachos?

Tune in for new episodes: Sunday at 9 pm Eastern/8 pm Central

Bobby Speaks Out: His Advice to Battle Rivals and His Culinary Weak Spots

Between Iron Chef America, Throwdown and the premiere season of Beat Bobby Flay, Bobby Flay has faced his share of culinary competitors. He’s no...

1. HRH says:

So confused. I just saw Bobby Flay (on the Classic Diner Dishes episode) tell Sarina to slice a sausage. She was as confused as I was. I thought you should never slice meat right away because the juices run out. Is sausage different? sausage is meat right? So if you slice into meat to check the doneness don't the juices run out? When is it ok? Oh no…I should probably be one of the next contestants.

• jeri says:

She was confused because she stated she didnt know she could do that (slice it to check for doneness). I think that was part of her problem, she just didn't get it.

2. jeri says:

Hey, everyone in blog land: For those who observe daylight savings time, don't forget to set your clocks one hour ahead tonight!!!

3. JLF says:

Well the competition between the Barbie Dolls on Bobby's team is definitely heating up, with Melissa coming out ahead and Tiffany showing her claws. If Tiffany thinks she's going to pull out in front, she'd be better off paying more attention to what she's doing and forget the jealousy.

• jeri says:

Your post just showed up! Tiffany is showing her claws! What's with the jealousy bit? She's there to improve cooking skills, not be judged in beauty contest. She better start paying attention, next weeks previews don't look to comparable with her Barbie Doll image!!!!!

4. jeri says:

Wow! Benjamin sure surprised me. What is Tiffany's problem with Melissa? Dorothy has bad knife skills then she's like the veg- o-magic queen! It's no wonder the potatoes were salty with the whole team putting salt in the water! I can't wait to see what happens next week!!!

• JLF says:

I was sad to see Benjamin go, but he had to follow his heart. If he hadn't volunteered to go I bet Tiffany would have been eliminated.

• jeri says:

Yes because Bobby said he chose him to stay. His heart is more important. I think he learned enough at boot camp to make some decent meals for his family.

5. No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she wishes to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

6. Heya. I am questioning if spam comments frustrate authors like they anger me? I whole-heartedly hope that this listing is without spam indefinitely. Good time. I appreciate your opinion.

7. I believe this is just about the most information for myself. And we are glad reading through your article. But wanna statement on a number of general items, The website style is excellent, the articles is actually excellent: D. Good employment, cheers

8. Keep the great perform, I read few articles on this website and In my opinion that your web site is rattling fascinating and contains sets associated with superb details.

9. Pia Cumby says:

Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is just nice and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.