Cabin-Fever Casseroles

by in Recipes, March 2nd, 2012

Welcome to March. You’ve made it to the final few weeks of winter, but it’s these last dreary days that will likely leave you feeling antsy to get outside and craving sunshine, shorts and light, fresh foods. Rather than wishing away your cabin fever, celebrate it with rich, fill-you-up casseroles that bring the whole family together, because before you know, it will be too warm to even consider heavy, piping-hot meals. Below, our collection of decadent casseroles features baked pasta, hearty vegetable sides, a make-ahead breakfast strata and more comforting recipes to get you through these dog days of winter with ease.

Food Network Magazine has created the ultimate go-to guide to preparing your own Mix-and-Match Baked Pasta. To cook up the winning combination of your choice,  just select your favorite noodle shape, pasta sauce, multiple meat or vegetable add-ins, subtle sauce flavorings and an array of creamy cheeses. The pasta dish featured above boasts Baked Farfalle With Escarole and Zucchini, tossed in a spiced fresh tomato sauce and mixed with fontina and Parmesan cheeses.

With just a few simple steps, this Spanish Chicken & Rice Bake recipe from Food.com is a cinch to fix in a flash. Just mix together cream of chicken soup, sweet corn and white rice, top with pieces of boneless chicken breasts and bake for 45 minutes to create a one-dish dinner that feeds a crowd.

Not just for Thanksgiving dinner anymore, Alton‘s no-fail Best-Ever Green Bean Casserole (pictured) features a timeless combination of  vibrant green beans, earthy mushrooms and spices cooked in a rich butter sauce and baked beneath crunchy onions until bubbly. Ditch the store-bought fried onions, and follow Alton’s simple steps to making your own baked topping instead.

If you’ve been meaning to use up spare produce and clean out your refrigerator’s veggie drawer, wait no longer, because Cooking Channel’s Harvet Vegetable Bake boasts cups of such fresh vegetables as Swiss chard, kale, cremini mushrooms, broccoli and more. To prepare these good-for-you ingredients, simply saute them with soy sauce, top with a garlic-white wine sauce and roast until tender. A generous sprinkling of cheddar and Jack cheeses before a final few minutes in the oven ensures warm, gooey results.

Though casseroles are an easy way to feed your family a one-pan dinner, they can serve as a hearty breakfast or brunch option as well. Featuring an egg-egg white mixture, lean turkey sausage patties and cubes of rustic Italian bread, Bobby Deen‘s Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Strata (pictured) is a savory breakfast bake that can be assembled the night before and quickly cooked in the morning.

Visit Food Network for more Crowd-Pleasing Casseroles and Comfort Food favorites.

Tailgate Chili — Down-Home Comfort

The Southeastern Conference is home to some of the best college football in the country, and with it, some of the most-fervent fans and most-passionat...

1. A actually fascinating read, I could effectively not agree entirely, but you do make some quite legitimate factors.

2. I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my web website

3. Joesph Bowie says:

It is nearly impossible to discover knowledgeable men and girls during this topic, even so you sound like do you know what you’re discussing! Thanks

4. Coosweyne says:

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I do believe that you need to write more on this topic, it may not be a taboo matter but usually folks don’t discuss these subjects. To the next! Kind regards!!

5. free samples says:

I would like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this blog. I am hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has encouraged me to get my own website going now. Actually blogging is spreading its wings and growing rapidly. Your write up is a good example.

6. disclosure says:

I am awaiting the actual start associated with my personal higher education research as well as the general foundation wouldn’t are actually full without visiting internet website. I have a issue for you. Could you brain transforming weblog move backlinks? That would be genuinely well put together! http://www.phlebotomycertificationhq.com/

7. Casey Helget says:

I precisely desired to say thanks again. I am not sure what I could possibly have tried in the absence of those concepts contributed by you relating to such a subject. It had become a distressing condition in my view, even so , being able to view the well-written tactic you processed it made me to weep over joy. Very grateful for your guidance and believe you realize what an amazing job you’re doing instructing others with the aid of a internet website. Most likely you haven’t come across any of us.

8. I just want to tell you that I’m really new to weblog and honestly liked this web site. Much more than likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog post . You certainly come with exceptional articles and reviews. Bless you for sharing your web website.

9. hanisoose says:

[url=http://www.srml.info]casque beats pas cher[/url]
    [url=http://www.monclairstokyostores.info]モンクレール ダウン[/url]
    [url=http://www.piuminossitoufficiale.info]moncler[/url]

10. copAsypesox says:

[url=http://www.dgs.fr/pliages.asp]sac longchamp[/url] ixsby
    voepi ucmiy
    [url=http://www.la-fontaine-des-arts.com/sacs.asp]louis vuitton pas cher[/url] azijo