At the beginning of Worst Cooks in America’s third season, Erica Weidner caught our eye by using scissors to cut up a bell pepper. We then asked you: What other gadgets have you used to cook up a dish in the kitchen? More than a hundred people responded with their go-to double-duty gadget techniques. They were so unique, we couldn’t choose just one. Here are our top two favorites:
1. Julie Lonkey uses a wide-blade drywall knife to get a smoother finish with buttercream on cakes.
2. Krista Lucken listed a few double-duty items, but using cupcake liners to keep pepper from escaping the pepper mill in the cabinet is pretty spectacular. Plus, when she measures fresh ground pepper, it gets ground right into the cupcake liner and then poured into a measuring spoon with no mess.
This was our favorite budget-friendly anonymous tip:
- Remove both ends of a tuna can, wash and then use it to cut out biscuits, mini pie crusts and more.
- The Best of the Worst — Worst Cooks in America: Celebrity Edition Episode 3 Recap in GIFs
- What to Watch: The Premiere of Unwrapped 2.0, and The Walking Dead’s Benjamin Papac on Halloween Wars
- One-on-One with the Next Eliminated Celebrity Recruit — Worst Cooks in America
- Being a Judge Doesn’t Keep You Safe from the Chopping Block — Chopped After Hours