2012 James Beard Nods Are Out: Congrats to Ina, Ted and Chopped

by in Events, News, March 19th, 2012

2012 james beard nomination
The James Beard Foundation announced the final nominees for the 2012 James Beard Awards at an event in Las Vegas today, and Food Network has not one but three reasons to celebrate: Ted Allen and Ina Garten are nominated for Best TV Food Personality/Host and Chopped has been nominated for Best Television Program, In Studio or a Fixed Location.

The winners of each category will be announced on Monday, May 7,  in New York City as Food Network’s own Alton Brown hosts the event.

Alton won’t be the only Food Network chef making an appearance on stage. On Friday, May 4, James Beard Award-winning chef and Food Network Iron Chef Michael Symon, along with four-time James Beard Award-winning correspondent Martha Teichner, will co-host the annual James Beard Foundation Book, Broadcast & Journalism Awards Dinner.

Continue reading: The complete list of 2012 James Beard Award nominees

This Massive Pumpkin Pie Required 40 Chefs and Two Excavators to Make

Anyone waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive this year can at least settle for a great big pumpkin pie. Chefs in Changsha, China, recently baked a 1...

1. Amanda says:

YAY!!! As a devoted Ina fan and a new Chopped fan this is great news all around!

2. Murna Gitlin says:

I have followed Ina for years. This is a long overdue, well deserved recognition of all that she has done not only for FoodTV but the industry at large. She was on top of “fresh” & “from scratch” before it became trendy. Brava, ina! Ted has been a favorite of mine since “Queer Eye” & this is well deserved. The man knows about food & its applications. Good luck Ted. I love Chopped because it’s brilliant TV. Waiting for those baskets to open & see what’s in them & how the chefs will produce a dish from them is something I look forward to each week no matter where I am, I find the show, find a TV & settle in for an hour of pleasure. Good luck Chopped!

3. Murch says:

I have watched Ina for years and she has a wonderful on-screen presence, a lot like cooking with your Grandmother. Ted Allen is also a class act, and there is no TV show on that is better than "CHOPPED." The TV screen is as far as people should take their adoration of celebrity cooks. Restaurants and TV are two very tough competitive businesses, and the people who succeed have to do a lot of things that they may not be necessarily proud of.

4. mlp says:

I agree that Ted Allen is a class act and I'm glad he's getting the recognition he has earned and deserves. Chopped is my favorite program and it wouldn't be the same without him.

5. akrock says:

Congrats to both Ina and Chopped!! wish there more new shows with Ina she is truly a class act and every time I watch I learn!! As for Chopped and Ted it is my favorite of all times. The show last night with the firefighters was great!!

6. richard chaparro says:

what about a chopped housewife show? i votye for my wife christina she takes care of our 4 kids and me

7. Jonathan T says:

Chopped is a great program! A regular on my DVR…Keep up the FUN, because that is what TV entertainment is! Fun competition. Someone should educate Geoffrey Zakarian since his comments on the "Flower Power" episode to the contestents was innaproprate for an entertainment show. He was wrong that this isn't "fun". Maybe appropropriate for his business. Not for television entertainment. I will take my business to respectful owners. Mr. Zakarian is not qualified to be a program judge with his approach.

8. Jen says:

I say give me a Chopped Cook Book! Sounds like fun![polldaddy 6074210 http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/6074210/ polldaddy]

9. Rick says:

Great show. I'm a long time fan. The demographics have changed and seniors are a large portion of the population, and I hope, your viewers. With this in mind, maybe a show of competing seniors (55+ ish) could be produced. Just a thought.

10. Charleen says:

I don't know how to ask a question. This might not be the right place but maybe someone can help me out. I wanted to know how Ina survived Hurricane Sandy. I hope her home also survived. I enjoy watching her show. It almost makes me want to cook again