Around the World in Meatballs — Worst Cooks in America

by in Shows, February 20th, 2012

Sherrill Moss Solomon
The second episode of Worst Cooks in America had the remaining 14 recruits thinking international — that is, making meatballs from Sweden, India, Lebanon, France, Spain, Greece and Morocco. For their demos, the teams watched as Bobby took on a Mexican Meatball With Red Chile Tomato Sauce and Queso Fresco, while Anne took on an Italian meatball called Polpettini.

So what is the difference in these meatballs?

- Spanish meatballs are a mixture of ground pork, veal and beef, which are combined with bold flavors like smoked Spanish paprika, cilantro, chile powder and red onion. Get Emeril’s recipe for Spanish Meatballs.

- Lebanese meatballs, also known as kofta, are usually made with lamb and are combined with vegetables and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, and are then formed around a skewer.

- Greek meatballs, or Keftedes are an all-beef ball, seasoned with mint, oregano and nutmeg, and served with a side of yogurt sauce. Cat Cora uses cucumbers in her sauce recipe for Keftedes.

- Swedish meatballs are a combination of pork and beef meat (or pork and veal), and are seasoned with nutmeg, allspice and white pepper, and are served with a gravy made from beef broth and heavy cream.

- Moroccan meatballs combine lamb with a flavorful mixture of shallots, cinnamon, coriander and mint leaves.

alton brown swedish meatballsGet Food Network’s Best 5 Meatball Recipes:

5. Italian-American Meatballs

4. Mini Turkey Meatballs

3. Baked Meatballs

2. Excellent Meatballs

1. Swetdish Meatballs

Tell us in the comments: How do you make your meatballs?

Tune in for new episodes: Sunday at 9 pm Eastern/8 pm Central

Exclusive Interview with the Runner-Up of The Great Food Truck Race

Going into the Season 5 finale of The Great Food Truck Race, the remaining two teams, Lone Star Chuck Wagon and Middle Feast, both had what it took to...

1. gabby says:

i like erica so much. she makes everybody laugh so hard!!

• jeri says:

I liked Erica, too. But being as frazzled as she was it's difficult to learn. If Erica could have calmed down she might have been able to absorb the lessons and techniques offered. You can't get so excited over a fire on your grill pan!!!!! Good luck to Erica.

2. radiomaven says:

you guys are doing the competition all wrong. You should send the winners of the competitions home. They already know how to cook. If you kept the failures then you really would have a challenge and maybe they would have a chance to really figure it out.

• jeri says:

Interesting point!

• JLF says:

I've always been in favor of a competition that keeps the contestants all the way through, accumulating points per episode. Top points at the end win. That solves the valid objection of eliminting those early who may have more potential than first appearances would suggest.

On the other hand, some of these early eliminations have been as much about bad attitude (refusal to listen to their team leaders) as poor cooking skills. Sometimes you just can't teach stupid.

• Joseph Stockton says:

I agree-Raxhael, Bennett< Sarina and Erica are the Worst Cooks and the most fun. The others are fakers and boring.

• FanFare57 says:

I thought the point of the contest is to take a "worst cook" and teach him or her to cook for a panel of judges. I thought progression was the main component of the game. If only the truly worst cook remains, then the final cook off would be inedible.

3. jeri says:

Not too surprising who on the blue team is gone! Vanilla Lady is still stuck on why her husband nominated her. Can't say much else until after 9pt showing, don't want to spoil!!

4. jeri says:

Bennett virtually self destructed this show. His nachos had no color or flavor. His knife skills were week one quality. His work station was a mess. His chicken was over cooked

5. Hello, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this blog post. It was practical. Keep on posting!

6. Hello! I just wanted to ask should anyone ever have virtually any trouble with hackers? My final blog (wordpress) had been hacked and also I found themselves losing numerous months of effort due for you to no backup. Do you’ve got any methods to protect versus hackers? Cheers!

7. Around the World in Meatballs — Worst Cooks in America | FN Dish – Food Network Blog I was suggested this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks! your article about Around the World in Meatballs — Worst Cooks in America | FN Dish – Food Network BlogBest Regards Cassetta

8. I ought to show thanks back regarding rescuing us with this kind of crisis. Soon after surfing on the the world wide web and discovering strategies that are not effective, I had been thinking my personal entire living was greater than. Being alive lacking the existence of ways to the issues youve settled through this particular short post is in reality a critical case, and ones which may have badly affected my own entire job only we had not noticed your blog. Your great capability and also kindness within maneuvering every aspect was valuable. I have no idea things my partner and i wouldve done if i we had not discovered this by doing this. Im capable of currently look forward to my upcoming. Bless anyone significantly for your skilled as well as amazing support. I won’t think carefully to suggest internet blog for the individual who requires support when it comes to this place.

9. crane uk ltd says:

I was looking through some of your posts on this internet site and I think this website is very instructive! Keep putting up.

10. Does your site have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to send you an e-mail. I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it improve over time. by Minnie17b