After 14 seasons, hundreds of recipes and dozens of memorable characters (Lactose Man! The Yeasts!), Alton Brown is bidding farewell to Good Eats. The final episode, an homage to dark chocolate, airs tonight at 8pm/7c.
Fans of our beloved food-science geek need not panic — you’ll still see plenty of Alton on Food Network. He’s got a major new role on the upcoming season of Food Network Star, commentates on Iron Chef America and serves as host of The Next Iron Chef. Plus, classic Good Eats episodes will continue to rerun on Food Network and Cooking Channel.
To celebrate Alton’s many years of (exceptionally) Good Eats, we’ve rounded up his 10 most popular recipes from the show. His top recipe, Good Eats Roast Turkey, is the #1 recipe on FoodNetwork.com with a whopping 3,905 five-star reviews and counting. It has graced thousands of your Thanksgiving tables since 1999, and we’re guessing many of you also made #8 or #9 (or both!) for last Sunday’s big game.
1. Good Eats Roast Turkey (from “Romancing the Bird,” Thanksgiving special)
2. The Chewy (from “Three Chips for Sister Martha,” Season 3)
3. Who Loves Ya Baby Back (from “A Rib for All Seasons,” Season 2)
4. Good Eats Meatloaf (from “Daily Grind,” Season 2)
5. Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese (from “For Whom the Cheese Melts 2,” Season 5)
6. Instant Pancake Mix (from “Flap Jack Do It Again,” Season 3)
7. French Toast (from “Toast Modern,” Season 7)
8. Guacamole (from “Dip Madness,” Season 6)
9. Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip (from “Dip Madness,” Season 6)
10. Overnight Cinnamon Rolls (from “House of the Rising Bun,” Season 10)
Watch Alton’s chocolate-packed, hour-long final episode, Turn On the Dark, tonight at 8pm/7c.
- What to Watch: The Premiere of Unwrapped 2.0, and The Walking Dead’s Benjamin Papac on Halloween Wars
- One-on-One with the Next Eliminated Celebrity Recruit — Worst Cooks in America
- Being a Judge Doesn’t Keep You Safe from the Chopping Block — Chopped After Hours
- The Winner of Food Network Star Dishes on His New Series: “BBQ Blitz Is Something That Best Represents Eddie”