Good Eats Finale Airs Tonight

by in Shows, February 10th, 2012

Alton Brown

After 14 seasons, hundreds of recipes and dozens of memorable characters (Lactose Man! The Yeasts!), Alton Brown is bidding farewell to Good Eats. The final episode, an homage to dark chocolate, airs tonight at 8pm/7c.

Fans of our beloved food-science geek need not panic — you’ll still see plenty of Alton on Food Network. He’s got a major new role on the upcoming season of Food Network Star, commentates on Iron Chef America and serves as host of The Next Iron Chef. Plus, classic Good Eats episodes will continue to rerun on Food Network and Cooking Channel.

To celebrate Alton’s many years of (exceptionally) Good Eats, we’ve rounded up his 10 most popular recipes from the show. His top recipe, Good Eats Roast Turkey, is the #1 recipe on FoodNetwork.com with a whopping 3,905 five-star reviews and counting. It has graced thousands of your Thanksgiving tables since 1999, and we’re guessing many of you also made #8 or #9 (or both!) for last Sunday’s big game.

1. Good Eats Roast Turkey (from “Romancing the Bird,” Thanksgiving special)

2. The Chewy (from “Three Chips for Sister Martha,” Season 3)

3. Who Loves Ya Baby Back (from “A Rib for All Seasons,” Season 2)

4. Good Eats Meatloaf (from “Daily Grind,” Season 2)

5. Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese (from “For Whom the Cheese Melts 2,” Season 5)

6. Instant Pancake Mix (from “Flap Jack Do It Again,” Season 3)

7. French Toast (from “Toast Modern,” Season 7)

8. Guacamole (from “Dip Madness,” Season 6)

9. Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip (from “Dip Madness,” Season 6)

10. Overnight Cinnamon Rolls (from “House of the Rising Bun,” Season 10)

Watch Alton’s chocolate-packed, hour-long final episode, Turn On the Dark, tonight at 8pm/7c.

Guy Fieri on the Family Dynamics at Play on Triple G: Family Style

Guy Fieri reveals what makes the upcoming Guy's Grocery Games: Family Style competition so unique....

1. N. Lynd says:

Oh my. Cooking, logic, inventiveness, science…all the things I adore about Good Eats were back. Oh where of where is my favorite host/cook? I have all of your books. I have many of your DVDs. Now, I want you back.

2. A. Elvin says:

…why, oh why….how disappointing no more Good Eats….an amazing show….totally , totally fun to watch, entertaining….a real learning experience….Food Network you are making a mistake ….

3. Petra Holt says:

Alton nooooo! I loved it, never seen anything like it and never learned anything the way I learned from you. I will miss it so so so much. Watched you since 2009 Dec nonstop (that's when I moved back – I live in CO). Good luck to you but you know, when bored :D, come back and make a whole new set of your fab show. Deal?

4. jeri says:

I will sooo miss Good Eats! I have seen every episode more than once, and continue to watch daily. I have all AB's cookbooks and videos. His show was interesting, funny, Informative, and sometimes downright silly!!! I will miss watching new episodes.

5. Lissaemtb says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ok…I'm better. I hope that while no more series episodes are being done that Alton will consider the occasional special….I may go into withdrawls……

6. Nichole says:

That is tragic!!! I was just getting on to find out who I need to talk to in order to bring Good Eats back to weeknights instead of weekday mornings…it's been a favorite of mine and my husband…a ritual if you will. But now to find out Good Eats is ending is heartbreaking!!!

7. im gonna miss Good Eats , Alton Brown got me out of kitchen hell , ive learned so much from him

8. Sarah Putnam says:

He should release his latest seasons and 10th anniversary special on DVD. My heart really goes to you Alton.

9. jcohl says:

Considering how disrespectfully some people “Tweet” or otherwise direct feedback to Alton Brown I’m surprised he’s done TV in general and Good Eats in particular for as long as he has.
    Much obliged for the culinary education, Mr Brown, as it was far superior to the one I paid for…

10. Frank Netzinger says:

My baked turkeys, after watching Good Eats, have turned out as moist and succulent as the fried ones I have done—All thanks to AB. I learned about brining turkeys all from Alton. Thanks AB !