Food Network’s In the Kitchen App Gets a Makeover

by in News, February 1st, 2012

in the kitchen app
iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch owners rejoice: The latest version of Food Network’s In the Kitchen App has new features that will make browsing your favorite recipes and Food Network chefs even easier.

In the Kitchen delivers all-star dishes and menus on the go from Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, Rachael Ray, Giada De Laurentiis, Guy Fieri and more. Find thousands of the best kitchen-tested and fan-rated recipes for weekday dinners, in-season cooking, memorable holidays and easy parties — perfect for the big game this Sunday. Plus, tap into smart new tools:

Compare Recipes: Not sure what to make? Browse titles, cook times and ingredient lists of several all-star recipes at once. You can even use the tool to mix-and-match recipes for party menus.

Ratings and Reviews: See what other fans have to say about Food Network’s best recipes.

Shopping List: Find what you’re craving, save the ingredients you need to your phone, then head to the store — no pencil needed.

Take Notes: Jot down substitutions, swaps and timesaving tips alongside recipes to make them your own again and again.

Recipe Box: Save recipes in your recipe box with our new direct login feature, and access every dish easily from your phone or computer any time.

More Cool Tools: In the Kitchen makes your iPad your sous chef with a unit converter and multiple cooking timers so you’ll know exactly when dinner (or dessert!) will be ready.

You May Be Paying Less for Food Than You Used To

It probably seems to most of us like prices go in only one direction: up. But guess what? Though anyone feeding a family on a budget may find it hard ...

1. Eileen Finn says:

It's about time! While I LOVE the app and use it often, sometimes it could be cumbersome. Sounds like some of the concerns were addressed here.

2. Pam says:

Android love is so hard to find. :-(

3. Harriet says:

I can not sign in on my I Pad? Can't get to my recipe box. Got the new update and can't get in.

• jeri says:

I had trouble signing on my iPad at first. It wouldn't let me in, but when I tried later everything was fine! Don't know if it was me or the program, but it's fine now.

4. jeri says:

Downloaded update last night. Couldn't log in at first but next day was ok. New format is confusing (but so is everything to this old folk). It seems easier. As with all new things, it will take time to get used to. I like the added chefs. Will continue to play with it and I know it will get easier. Thanks for the improvements.

5. Dan says:

I don't get it – I have been a Foodnetwork app user for nearly a year, so I downloaded this update and except for the color of the icon changing (was orange now red) there is absolutely NO functionality differences that I can detect … and the bugs are still there.

6. jeri says:

The app is available for Android. Just search Food Network in the Android market.

7. Jessica says:

great app! I was looking around trying to find some good quality cookware and I found this site: http://www.bestprofessionalcookware.com if anyone is interested, i found exactly what I needed :)

8. Jeff says:

I am having trouble saving recipes to my recipe box. Does anybody have a comment on this or any ideas???