- Comments (8)
Nothing says love like a home-cooked meal, right? This Valentine’s Day, forget about making restaurant reservations and serve your someone special a romantic dinner or dessert for two at home. Food Network’s top five Valentine’s Day recipes are elegant yet traditional dishes that you can easily make with love.
5. Shrimp Scampi With Linguini — A quick-cooking seafood, shrimp dress up classic pasta with garlic, lemon and white wine.
4. Chocolate Covered Strawberries — These two-bite treats are covered in smooth semi-sweet chocolate.
3. Chocolate Cheesecake — Each sinful slice of this indulgent dessert features a cocoa-graham cracker crust, dense cream cheese center and glossy chocolate glaze.
2. Sugar Heart Sandwich Cookies — To assemble these heart-shaped sandwiches, nestle a delicate, pomegranate-laced spread between two golden, buttery sugar cookies.
1. Red Velvet Layer Cake — Your sweetie will swoon over this crimson-colored cake (pictured above), boasting a hint of cocoa and fluffy cream cheese frosting.
Visit Food Network for more sweet and savory Valentine’s Day dishes.