‘Smile,’ There’s a New Girl Scout Cookie — Taste Test

by in Product Reviews, January 10th, 2012

girl scout cookie savannah smile
Make space in your freezer and clear out the shelves in the pantry: It’s time to load up on Girl Scout cookie favorites like Thin Mints, Tagalongs and Trefoils. Leave room for a new favorite this year, though, as Savannah Smiles are added to the 2012 Girl Scout Cookie list. The Girl Scouts certainly have lots to smile about this year as they celebrate the organization’s 100th anniversary.

The new lemon wedge cookie is fresh and just the perfect size. Covered in powdered sugar and shaped like a smile, you can’t help but grin as you pop these cookies into your mouth one by one. The sugar coating can get a bit messy, but there’s no shame in licking your fingers clean. With each bite you’ll be transported to a cool fall day in Georgia, curled up on a porch swing with a cup of tea and these addictive lemon cookies. Sounds like a mighty fine afternoon to us.

To order cookies, find a local council near you.

Finishing Paper Touches for the Perfect Thanksgiving Table

From turkey-decorated place cards to simply printed menus, check out a collection of holiday-themed stationery to complement the feast....

1. Cookies says:

I can't wait to try the Savannah Smiles cookies, they sound delicious!

2. Lisa Estabrook says:

But they are getting smaller and smaller!

3. Whitney says:

Somoas are amazing! I do love the Trefoils though too…so glad my daughter is a "Junior" lol :)

4. Kelsey says:

Samoas!! They were my favorite when I was in Girl Scouts many years ago

5. Don't much care for lemony desserts. Top 3 are Samoas, Tagalongs & Thin Mints.

6. vicki says:

I think its the wrong time of year to sell them …they should before the holidays ..when people arn’t thinking about eating healthy!

7. rican says:

Frozen thin mints then dunk in a tall frosty glass of milk is the only way to go:-) pure bliss

8. Cookie monster says:

Cookie Cookie Cookie!!!! Num num num – @Cookie Monster

9. southernvegan says:

Did the whole cookie thing when my girls were in Girl Scouts and I was a leader for my youngest daughter's troop. I only get one box of Somoa's and one box of thin mints now, because I cannot afford the calories or the high sugar content. They are also getting too expensive for the normal consumer to purchase and the girls get very little in return for selling 100's of cases of those things. Basically, it is a fundraising tool that has run its course and they just need to market them to the grocery stores and be done with it. That way they can split the profits between the regions and not put the girls in danger going door to door and all the marketing at the walmarts is so overdone.

10. Sweetpea says:

Looking forward to trying the Savannah Smiles and supporting the Girl Scouts too!