Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off Caption It: Laughing Out Loud

by in Shows, January 20th, 2012

rachael ray summer sanders
With the competition nearly halfway over, the Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off contestants are feeling more pressure than ever to deliver their best culinary creations to team leaders Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri. In this Sunday’s episode, the five remaining finalists leave the kitchen behind and hit the streets to cook at one of New York City’s most popular mainstays: the lunch cart.

In this sneak-peek shot, the ladies of Team Rachael take a quick break from prep work to laugh it out behind the scenes. Are Summer and Rachael just swapping cooking jokes or are they chitchatting about the fellas on Team Guy?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to see who makes it to the final four, we’re challenging you, Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this LOL-worthy moment in the comments below.

Try a Hearty Breakfast-Inspired Skillet for Dinner Tonight

On this week’s Chopped Dinner Challenge, the chefs of Food Network Kitchen chose to feature the basket ingredient turnips. In order to create a ...

1. jeri says:

I wasn't able to watch all of the show because I'm still watching the football game, now into overtime! From what I did see, Rachel was a little better. How in the world did Taylor win when she didn't know, by her own admission, what she was doing??? Even she seems surprised! And how about putting extra stuff into the competitors basket??

• FanFare57 says:

Taylor seems like the least knowledgeable cook of the bunch (or anyone I know). Her beef teriyaki looked shriveled and dry. Rachel did seem less controlling for this round. She tried to talk up her team's food until she tasted Coolio's egg roll and Joey's offerings. Overall, I think the results of the challenge seemed more fair than previous. Maybe it was because the diners chose instead of Rachel. Or maybe, Summer was eliminated to even up the teams again.

• jeri says:

First Taylors teriyaki was raw, then it was dry and over cooked. She ended up in the cook off. Had no idea what she was doing, and came up with what she did, that won it for her?. For real??? What gives?

• jeri says:

You notice the score is tied again!!! What's with that? I think the coaches did what they were supposed to do, coach, instead of puppet cook! They actually let the celebs cook! I still am not sure about Taylors win. For someone who doesn't know how to do anything, how did she in? Maybe like you said, to even it up. But Taylor??????

• jeri says:

Sorry, got called to work. Will try to post later. I would have liked to taste Coolios roll, sounded yummy! That's the way it should be, unbiased judges. As for Summer being eliminated to even the score? I'm not sure, I think Summer should have stayed, Tayler herself admitted she didn't know what she was doing. Very strange ending.

• FanFare57 says:

It IS difficult to really know who made the better last dish. According to the comments, Summer had a great presentation, but it lacked flavor (just like her sausage and peppers thing – how that lacked flavor, I'll never understand). Whereas, Taylor's looked messy, but tasted better. Perhaps, Taylor was more lucky than smart… I do find her to be a nincompoop in the kitchen.

2. Bobby says:

Can you believe I Got this far with no talent

3. jeri says:

Did I see that right, even again? Am waiting till end of 9pm showing for further comment.

4. firearmsfred says:

I eager to see who would be winner! Wanna wish good luck to all finalists.

5. Ari says:

Did you see that kiss Taylor laid on Summer!!

6. Diane says:

The show stinks, and I am sick of Guy!!! doesn't Food Network have anyone else to put on?? He is on ALL the time, every day, all day sometimes. Food Network stinks lately.

7. Malcah says:

OK…i never post but I must say, I have been thoroughly impressed with Coolio…Whowuddathunk?! He needs his own show like yesterday. He blew all their minds and flew in the face of conventional cooking. Remember their faces when he added cornstarch to his recipe? All the judges cringed, but he came out on top. Great job Coolio!

8. Dianne says:

What appliances did they use

9. Stan hall says:

Guy I have watch your show for tears . I really like your style . Being you spent some time in Vegas going to schooil My point is you keep it REAL and with that you are true G . Plz keep doing what you do with the show and the hot rods . Peace and hair grease from las Vegas .