Guy Talks Celebrity Cook-Off on Twitter and Facebook

by in Food Network Chef, Shows, January 10th, 2012

guy fieri
Two of Food Network’s most popular personalities, Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri, are going head-to-head in a new series, Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off. Both Rachael and Guy serve as coaches and mentors to eight multi-talented celebrities, ranging from an Olympic gold medalist to Grammy-winning artists to a Golden Globe-nominated actor — contestants who are all passionate about food and cooking.

Food Network recently caught up with Guy to talk about the show and Team Guy on Twitter and Facebook.

@Rbrittenham: What are you going to do to make your team stand out? What will set you apart?
GF: I want them to be individually creative and do their best.

@jcaonguyen: Which celebrity had no cooking experience at all prior to being on the show?
GF: All had some sort of experience, but I can’t give away insider info. You’ll be surprised just how strong they really are.

@sometimes2kind: At any point did you want to jump in and help your team?
GF: At any point? At ANY point? At every point. I’m still stressed about it.

Nicolas Christian Lopez: Guy, what’s your strategy against the 30 minute-meal queen?
GF: There’s really no strategy. We didn’t have enough awareness of the celebrities’ culinary experience to have a strategy ahead of time, but we knew Rachael would bring it, so we knew we had to go big, too.

Philesha Evans: Which “celebri-chef” are you most looking forward to working with on the cook-off?
GF: I’m a big fan of Coolio, Lou Diamond Phillips (Young Guns) and Cheech Marin (Cheech and Chong!). If these three dudes can cook as talented as they are, this should be interesting.

Sherissa Gonzales Go: Did you really get to choose the celebrities on your team?
GF: Yep. It was just like picking a team for kickball in elementary school.

Damita Johnson: How are you going to motivate and inspire your team to win as many challenges as possible?
GF: I’m going to have them push their culinary limits and not play it safe. This was the time, this was the moment — it was go big or go home, literally.

WATCH: Alton’s Top 5 Culinary Sabotages

As the seasons progress on Cutthroat Kitchen (Season 5 starts this Sunday at 10|9c), it seems as if the sabotages are getting more and more diabolical...

1. Angie Bohannon says:

Guy- I’m glad I finally found a better way to reach you. I know this isn’t about DDD, but I have a wonderful and heart warming restaurant for you to visit. It is called Waycool Cafe in Louisville, KY. They have a killer fried chicken and other southern staples. That is not the main part though. The restaurant is located inside a hotel, but STILL not the coolest part! The hotel and restaurant is run by men and women that have fallen on hard times due to many different reasons such as economy, loss of jobs, domestic violence and some are even recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. See the hotel is owned by a mission, and providing job training so the residents can take what they’ve learned in on the job training and through the support programs there and be successful members of society again. I know this works because I am one of the success stories, now working in a management position in the hotel F & B industry! Please, please check this place out! You will be both impressed and heart warmed by what you experience. PLUS the food is awesome!! I’ve been emailing you for going on 2 years about this place. They would love to see you!!

2. Pam says:

Hay Guy, my husband and I watch triple D all the time and we have a place that you have to go visit. It is "The Jazz" in Lubbock Texas. It is a Cajun sports bar. They have the most out of this world " Blacken Filet Mignon. " It will blow your mind it is so good. We hope to see you featuring it on your show.

3. sandra diaz says:

HI MY NAME IS SANDY AND I AM A BIG FAN OF FN ESPECIALLY GUY I AM 49 YEARS OLD WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME KIND OF SHOW THAT HELPS PEOPLE THAT ARE DISABLE. PLEASE

4. Ruth says:

Hello Guy, I really enjoy your show GUY'S BIG BITE every day!!! Today I was amazed of how close your Turkey Enchiladas with Fire-Roasted Tomatillos were to reality… until you said Monterrey Jack Cheese!!! Come on… that is not even available in Mexico!!! Enchiladas should have Manchego, Chihuahua or just Fresh Cheese!!! You were close to a real Mexican food and that really disappointed me. PLEASE EVERYONE: NO MORE CHEEDAR OR JACK CHEESE ON MEXICAN FOOD!!!

5. joe william frenette says:

guy you go to wisconsin you love at mashfaild the brew pud is good food you see joe at brewpod you will free pop for you coke cole your boddy joe william frenette

6. Seewise says:

I CAN'T STAND THE RIGHT WINGER DENNIS MILLER, HE'S A LIRE AND NO LONGER FUNNY. I'M DONE WITH YOUR SHOW.

7. pamela jones says:

Guy, I've been searching for your blog page for triple d with no luck. I just have to tell you about the best cafe in the south east coast. In a VERY small town of Wildwood, Florida is a very cozy family friendly cafe that makes the BEST southern dishes you will ever eat. EVERYTHING is made homemade from shrimp n grits to fried chiken and waffles. They do pulled pork, smoked ribs. Miz Kathi makes the best pies and 5 layer cakes. The best one is her coconut cream. ALL family recipes. Her own sauces whic she sells right out of her place. You can read all her reviews (which are many ) are on her site ; cotillionsoutherncafe.com. Oh and she has a cookbook also. Please check it out. You'll regret it if you don't but pleased if you do.

8. Shannon says:

I love this GUY ! lol…
    I watch DDD religiously… its my fav show on Food Network…
    Hes funny got a baby face lol.. and I love his style !
    Rock on Guy … keep this show going please !
    You've been to Vancouver Canada where I live… come back soon !

Shannon :)

9. Carol Funke says:

Love your show Guy, DDD, We watch it all the time. We appreciate you mentioning our name now and then, "Funke." Thanks. Keep up the good shows. Love to hear from you. Bob and Carol Funke

10. Jay D Wood says:

Diners,Drive Inns,and Dives is one of the best show's I've ever watched. Love the car. Now I'm starving.