Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off Caption It: We’re Watching You

by in Shows, January 13th, 2012
Your Caption Here

The playing field is once again even on Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off, with only three competitors remaining on both Rachael Ray’s and Guy Fieri’s famous teams. In this Sunday’s episode, the remaining six finalists will not compete together as Team Rachael versus Team Guy but individually, one-on-one.

Who better to evaluate this head-to-head battle than Chefs Scott Conant, Alex Guarnaschelli and Marcus Samuelsson, who have judged countless Chopped competitions. Here these all-star chefs look on curiously as the Cook-Off finalists race against the clock to execute plates that are prepared to impress. Will Judges Scott, Alex and Marcus be pleased with the contestants’ efforts or will the dishes leave more to be desired?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to watch the action unfold, we’re challenging you, Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Beware of Oncoming Eviliciousness

Chefs know that when they compete on Cutthroat Kitchen, they’re subjecting themselves to all manners of ruthless sabotages, but  now it seems ...

1. fabriziomiami says:

Besides everything everybody said there is another issue here. I'm ITALIAN born and raise in NAPOLI but now I live here and when I see people talking or cooking Italian food makes me upset most of the time.
    About the challenge of the tomato and basil from Sunday I don't understand why everybody use so much ingredients to do such a simple dish that the name says it all. Why put onion, why put OREGANO or even butter, it's a simple olive oil, garlic, tomato and fresh basil recipe. Maybe you can add a bit of red pepper to give some spice, that's it. And to chef Scott Conant, you said that your family came from BENEVENTO, but let's be clear you were born and raise in the US, and I saw you cooking the same dish, in another show, adding a piece of butter to the sauce, SORRY, my father was from Benevento too and my family NEVER add butter to a tomato sauce. If we need to cook Italian dishes let's do it the right way. Thanks.

• SWN says:

While I understand your desire for traditional dishes to remain traditional, there will always be variations on classic dishes that create regional and international differences. Just ask an American what is the right way to do dressing for Thanksgiving and you'll get almost as many answers as those who respond. And each one will swear theirs is the traditional way to do it. Variety is the spice of life, so live and let live.

• FanFare57 says:

You make a good point. You sound like a purist, which made the show frustrating for you to watch. However, the challenge stated that the cooks should "do a spin" on the dish. That means a variation. And that's what they did.

• fabriziomiami says:

look, cooking is fan, is creation and is good to put a spin on a recipe but not change it. Like a said to Jeri she had a good point: as long as they are not to far off track. In the tomato/basil sauce if you put origano the sauce change completely. Origano is a very strong herb so will over power the basil. We have a sauce with origano and we call it MARINARA sauce.

2. WestCoastFan says:

Caption it.

Scott: What are they doing?
    Alex: Fascinating…
    Marcus: I think it's time to call the food police.

3. Mom says:

WHERE ARE THE NEELEY'S?? YOUR DAYTIME SHOWS STINK!! All those contests with people frowning, crying, and putting people down. Been a fan for years. Not now.

4. guest says:

yes. cheech got the boot but he did make a grilled cheese sandwich which did not have melted cheese. I was rooting for him yet his grilled cheese was not grilled. I agree that rachael is "coaching" too much. In fact she is giving the recipe so off course they will win. Joey did deserve to win the grilled cheese challenge since he did melt the cheese. My question is: why are they making grilled cheese sandwichs in the first place/ I know they are newbies, but shouldn't it be a little bit more of a challenge?

• jeri says:

A grilled cheese, in my mind, isn't a grilled cheese unless the cheese melts!

• FanFare57 says:

I agree that the challenge to make grilled cheese is not very challenging. However, for Lou and Cheech, it apparently was. They both were inept to melt the cheese. From the comments shown, I think Rachel and Guy flipped a coin to determine which sammy was less worse.

• WestCoastFan says:

There was a time limit of 10 minutes. I can see with the adrenaline pumping and your trying to think of ways to "elevate" the grill cheese sandwich and if the grill or pan your using is cold when the timer starts I can see where things can go wrong where upon you can get flustered.

• Realistic viewer says:

I agree. That's where the "coaches" should have said "turn on your pans" . Isn't that what coaches are supposed to do? Call in the play?

5. jeri says:

I think everyone has gotten off track. The show is celebrities cooking for charity. Granted one team had more "coaching" than the other. Just realize it's for charity and let the show go on. It's pure entertainment, get over it. Anything for charity is a go in my mind.

• FanFare57 says:

Charity – schmarity. If it's only about a charity, then FN can hold a telethon. Obviously, the show was meant to be a "Celebrity Apprentice Tries To Cook". Therefore, cooking is very important for the celebs to meet their end – winning the prize for his or her charity. These people need to cook better than the competitor. You don't see The Donald's "eyes and ears" (Ivanka or Donald Jr.) telling their teams what to do. It's expected the celebrities already know how to do whatever task is presented to them. Here, cooking skills are expected to be in place before they compete. Why is that too much to ask?

6. Fed Up Father says:

My family and I will not be watching this show until you get rid of that idiot coolio. Question. I notice Guy washes his hands after handling chicken on his show. Does Coolio wash his hands after handling his crotch on screen. God knows what he does when the cameras off. That song Stimulate he sang in the first meeting , really is that appropriate for my daughter. Stimulate / penetrate / dont wait / dont fake get your ass off the floor and participate/ Nice real nice great example . Make sure you advertise heavily when that looser gets cut . Maybe just maybe those of us that watch with our families will come back.
    Whats on next seasons show maybe snoop dawg making Hash Brownies. My daughter wil love that

7. jeri says:

How did everyone get so off track? Racisim, off recipe, fair competition, too much "coaching", cheese that doesn't melt? I agree with a grilled cheese sandwich where the cheese doesn't melt, but all the other stuff, what gives? I think we should stay on track with the show. I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again, but can we stay with the show?

• FanFare57 says:

With all due respect, if viewers find collusion or unfairness with this cooking "competition", how are those comments "off track"? It seems that whoever disagrees with your viewpoint of "it's for charity, so who cares whether t's a fair game", is not worth discussion. Frankly, any competitive enterprise should be judged fairly, without bias. The criteria should not be changed while the contest is still in progress. Obviously, if Rachel is treating her team like puppets and remotely creates the dish and THEN judges it in her team's favor, that makes the competition unsportsmanlike. You may sit there blindly cheering your mantra, "It's for charity", while other viewers question the ethics of the result, if deemed unfair.

• jeri says:

Sorry FanFare57. I posted that when I was in a bad mood and shouldn't have. You are right. It is unfair that RR can puppet her team to a win while GF lets his team do the work with very little to say after the first meeting. I hope tomorrow's show is better, but we'll see. Thanks for waking me up! Again, sorry to you and all the other posters. I'll think before I post, and not do it while in a bad mood!!!

• FanFare57 says:

'Sorry if I was overly strident in my response. I think you have a very positive, upbeat attitude and I didn't mean to offend you. Hopefully, Rachel will calm down and allow her team to do their own creations.

• jeri says:

Thank you. I'm not offended in the least. I'm glad you said what you did. That's what this post is for isn't it? For people to speak out? My intention was for people to stick with the show, not go off on avenues unrelated. I do believe it should be fair, and I didn't like that RR "over coached", when GF sat back and let his team cook. I sure would like the teams to do it all on their own. Do you really think RR can calm down??? We'll see. Thanks again.

8. duffysplace says:

Crotch-grabbing as a prelude to cooking? I never understood this when Michael Jackson did it in his music, and understand it even less in a cooking show. Too bad you didn't bleep it out. What message is that supposed to be sending? I also don't like it that Guy and Rachel actually tell the contestants what to cook. That's beyond mentoring. Good concept for a show, poor in content.

9. girlsrock says:

are the recipes from the finale available??

10. chuck says:

I have been watching Guy and the rest of the gang from the Food network for a long time…most all of your shows are worth watching again and again…HOWEVER…and i must say this..GUY..!..you eat too much on Diners, Driv=inns and Dives……my God everything you visit a kitchen you have to stuff your face..before the cook starts to prepar, while preparing and at the end of the process….maybe you should try and look at smaller portions, youa cool guy and very personable but no help to someone who is trying to control their eating habits….

• Denny says:

He takes a bite! I have never seen him eat an entire sandwich, burger, soup, or meal.! and if you know what is healthy for you, it's better to eat that way. Instead of eating 3 huge meals a day and pluggin yourself eat small bites 10 times per day Oh!
      and the shows are not all shot on the same day, duh!!