The Next Iron Chef Caption It: The Moment of Truth

by in Shows, December 16th, 2011
Your Caption Here

After eight weeks of Chairman’s Challenges, Secret Ingredient Showdowns and trying eliminations, this bicoastal competition wraps up on Sunday night. But before Chef Falkner or Chef Zakarian is finally declared The Next Iron Chef, these two Super Chefs will compete in one final battle to prove to the judges that his or her cuisine reigns supreme. Who will Judges Symon, Joo and Majumdar grant a permanent place in Kitchen Stadium earning the ultimate culinary title in the process?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out who is The Next Iron Chef, we’re challenging you, Next Iron Chef fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Last chance! Cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

What to Watch: Have One Last Halloween Hurrah with Food Network This Weekend

Get all of your Halloween programming in before the big day. It may be hard to believe, but the hallowed event is almost here, and before you run out ...

1. guest says:

This show has become such a JOKE , telling people to vote on the FN website…
    IF that were the case GZ would have never ever won….
    JUST A VERY SAD JOKE… ON ALL OF US !!!!!!!

2. Charlene says:

Faulkner was the better chef, but she cheated. She didn't place the zester down when time was called. This is definitely the Next Male Iron Chef. Of all the female judges/chefs/authors availalbe FN couldn't/wouldn't/didn't find another woman. Com'on now. Totally disappointed. I knew who would win when the judges and guest judges were introduced. This is not rocket science. Suzy (I hope I spelled her name right) from The Next Food Network Star wasn't available? Geez, her office is probably right down the hall.

3. Mrs Hill says:

Very disappointed in the outcome of this competition! Our family does not care for the attitude of Chef Zacharian. We will definitely be changing the channel when he is on. I am also noticing a trend of all male chefs on this show that I am not liking. Seriously considering not tuning in at all! Just disgusted :(. I would like to hear Food Network's excuse for the sexism that is becoming more and more apparent on this show. :(

4. jeri says:

As tis blog is winding down, I just want to wish every one happy and safe holidays, and the best for the new year. It's been a pleasure posting with you all.

5. southernvegan says:

It is a little appalling that all the shows promote "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year". My how things have changed in programming since the 60's.

6. anna says:

I think for the next season of the Next Iron Chef, they should judge the dishes without knowing who cooked them. They can taste the dishes comment on them, come to a decision and then reveal to the judges who cooked what.

7. Simeon says:

GZ is the most wasteful chef I have ever seen

8. becca54blue says:

Ok, so I watched a CHOPPED rerun the other day with the idiot GZ as a judge. Ladies and gentlemen, guess who he convinced the other judges to have leave in the first round — the person who didn't follow the rules of the program. REALLY!!!!!

If I see GZ on any Food Network show I am changing channels immediately. He is a baboon who should be banned from anything relating to Food Network or any other food channel.

9. becca54blue says:

Watched ICA tonight not realizing they brought that British man back to judge. I am done with ICA too. This man should not be judging ICA or any food network show in America.

Come on people — get with the program so you can keep your fancy station. We DO NOT WANT TO watch the crap you are bringing us. Do you not read what your viewers like and dislike.

10. trish32780 says:

My daughters, friends and myself have been watching the cooking competitions on both bravo and food network, and we as others have noticed it is completely male oriented, almost to the point that it is distasteful. Who am I kidding it is totally distasteful, let me count the ways (or should I say the times women have won on these shows) and I estimate it comes out to be one out of 25 times. But not to worry here in my city you have lost 11 women and those are just the ones I know of. My husband said he was tired of hearing me rant and rave after all your shows, you guys should be ashamed of your blatantly prejudice, because frankly who do you think are most of your viewers, or at least we used to be