The Next Iron Chef Caption It: High Stakes

by in Shows, December 2nd, 2011
Your Caption Here

The competition is heating up on The Next Iron Chef, as the remaining rival chefs head into the sixth week of the competition. This Sunday night, risk is the name of the game. Which chefs are willing to take a chance on an unknown ingredient and who will be rewarded for their gamble?

In this behind-the-scenes shot, Chef Chiarello races against the clock to complete his dish on time. Will the judges be satisfied with the risks he and the other chefs have taken or should the competitors have played it more safely instead?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to watch the battle unfold, we’re challenging you, Next Iron Chef fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Who’s your favorite rival chef so far? Cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

What to Watch: Celebrating Tomato Season on The Kitchen and Bold Flavors from the Grill with Bobby Flay

Get ready for some bold summer recipes and all-new competition this weekend on Food Network. First, join Trisha Yearwood as she cooks up her favorite ...

1. Mark says:

Well I have to admit that coming into the competition I was already bias towards Ann. I am a big fan of hers. I agree with all comments about how she was robbed…and if you noticed she knew she was screwed as the first cut was made after her sardine round. I hate it for her because she has the 'name brand' and clout to go with the title of Iron Chef. Ridiculous Simon. You're a joke. I don't give a damn who wins now as they are all second class to Ann. Rock on sister!!!

2. Tammy says:

I would rather see Anne win than that Alex chick , I can't stand her.

3. Sue says:

Ann was absolutely my favorite and I doubt I will watch the rest of the shows or Iron Chef again. Sorry to see it go . . . but felt she was being set up after winning the last challenge.

4. JerseyGirl567 says:

I was sorry to see Anne Burrell go. I really enjoy watching her cook. I also enjoy eating food from her recipes. I am rooting for Alex G. And I really get a bang out of Alton Brown! He cracks me up. Also I have learned a lot from his show Good Eats. Oh well, Whoever wins, wins. I will watch it through to the end.

5. Kris says:

I know who wins. My hubby and I were real mad. FN needs to watch how they program other shows similar to them.

• FoodFan2 says:

How the hell do you know? Well, spill it. I don't care if you become a spoiler. FN has already spoiled the season by dismissing more deserving chefs all the way through.

• NyteOwl99 says:

So, who is it already? And what show was it that you saw this on?

• CJ2011 says:

If what you write is true – Alex doesn't win – hurray! but what episode does she get axed? hopefully this sunday….the show would be so much more enjoyable to watch… unless FN keeps her on because she brings higher ratings — ishe's the chef everyone loves to hate!

• FanFare57 says:

C'mon, don't be coy. Who won? I promise not to tell…

6. Maxine D. says:

Michael C. is a classy chef and would make a great Iron Chef! I hope he wins big.

7. bkrsdzn says:

I was rooting for Chef Robert from the very begining…he's a witty, funny Brit wrapped in a chef's jacket. With the shock of him exiting TNIC early I no longer know what to expect or who to vote for. Long live Chef Robert!

8. bkrsdzn says:

Alton is awesome! I adore Ted Allen too but I can not imagine anyone else other than Alton hosting ICA.

9. Avid Watcher says:

I am happy to see Falkner and Zakarian in the finale. They both worked hard, played strategically and thought outside the box. They were my finale pick. I will be glad to see either win and enjoy watching the show.

10. IKnowthetruth says:

Falkner is going to win. The other celeb chiefs were simply brought in for ratings, they were never to win. Falkner is a direct replacement for Cat Cora in every way, if you know what I mean. The whole contest is fake.