Food Network users have spoken: traditional, tried-and-true recipes are best. From classic comfort food and seafood to Italian and Mexican favorites, Food Network’s top 10 main dish recipes of 2011 are as diverse as they are flavorful. Make a New Year’s resolution to bring a few of these family-friendly dishes to your table in 2012.
10. Spaghetti alla Carbonara — A silky, no-cook egg and Parmesan combination coats each noodle and perfectly complements crispy pancetta pieces in this Italian classic.
9. Oven-baked Salmon — Ready in just 20 minutes, this heart-healthy meal features lean salmon filets, simply seasoned and baked until cooked through.
8. Beer Can Chicken — Grill this chicken standing up, balanced atop a half-empty beer can and resting on its legs.
7. Crab Cakes — Paula’s crab cakes boast a golden, crispy exterior and tender crab with fresh vegetables and a Worcestershire-mayonnaise mixture inside.
6. Chicken Enchiladas — Tyler mixes shredded chicken with chipotle chiles and corn and bakes it in tortillas with enchilada sauce and cheese.
5. Chicken Marsala — Sweet marsala wine pairs naturally with fresh sliced mushrooms, a key ingredient in this hearty chicken dish.
4. Fish Tacos — Garnish fish tacos as you would meat ones with sour cream, shredded cabbage and salsa.
3. Beef Stroganoff — A scoop of sour cream adds subtle tang to the creamy mushroom sauce that coats cubes of beef and egg noodles.
2. Old-Time Beef Stew — Paula adds pinches of allspice and sugar to this stick-to-your-ribs stew.
1. Good Eats Roast Turkey — With a 5-star rating and more than 3,800 user reviews, Alton’s no-fail bird is our most popular turkey recipe.