Best 10 Dessert Recipes of 2011

by in Recipes, December 26th, 2011

Hope you’ve saved room for dessert. We’ve compiled a list of our top 10 dessert recipes of the year that will finish any meal on a sugary note. Bake up a batch of 2011’s best today and celebrate the sweetest dishes of the year.

10. Pumpkin Cheesecake — Bake a rich pumpkin-cream cheese filling atop a crumbly graham cracker crust to create this family favorite.

9. Pumpkin Pie — Not just a holiday dessert, pumpkin pie can be enjoyed year-round with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or generous dollop of whipped cream.

8. Zucchini Bread — Fragrant cinnamon and nutmeg add warmth and subtle spice to Paula’s 5-star dish, made with grated zucchini and chopped walnuts.

7. Cream Cheese Frosting — Equal parts butter and cream cheese offer a tried-and-true taste to this favorite frosting, often featured with red velvet goods.

6. Southern Red Velvet Cake — This triple-layer beauty is frosted with a smooth cream cheese topping and dusted with crushed pecans.

5. The Best Bread Pudding — Absorbent bread cubes soak up a sweetened egg-milk mixture, are baked with crunchy pecans and are later covered with an indulgent brandy-butter sauce.

4. Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies — Save time and oven space by preparing these easy drop cookies, made with oatmeal and a classic peanut butter-chocolate combo.

3. Quick Vanilla Buttercream Frosting — Top cakes, sugar cookies, cupcakes and more with this timeless spread, which comes together in mere minutes.

2. Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting — With tangy buttermilk and just a hint of cocoa powder, these red velvet bites boast a rich flavor all their own.

1. Peach Cobbler – Paula’s no-fail cobbler (pictured above) features soft, sweet peaches nestled beneath a light and crumbly butter crust.

Cold Soups for Hot Days (Mainly Made in a Blender)

Soup isn’t for just the winter months and it’s not fit for just veggies either. These recipes (most made in simply a blender) will keep yo...

1. jeri says:

I just love making bread pudding! During the holidays I make it with egg nog for a different flavor

2. velma burt says:

If you need any supplies such as knives,cooking utensils, plates and cups,etc… the options are endless They are so fantastic your husband will want to cook more than you will!!!

3. Otis Leeder says:

Okay you are correct, genuinely Personal home page is a open source and its help we can obtain free from any forum or web page since it occurs at this place at this web page.

4. A number of companies have begun to ship out freebies. It’s a advertising and marketing tactic that has proven to be rather successful.

5. Robt Zion says:

Do an individual principles us and my personal friends together with almost any ideas on how you’d made this rrnternet web site appear this specific, I’d have fun here!

6. Belia Caris says:

The very next time I read a blog, Hopefully it won’t disappoint me just as much as this one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, however I actually believed you’d have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of moaning about something you could possibly fix if you were not too busy seeking attention.

7. Bella Moorer says:

It is in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of information. I?m happy that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

8. Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!