Whether it’s a bit chilly outside, you’re feeling a little blue or it’s been just that kind of day, sometimes you simply need a dish of pure, unadulterated comfort food. Find our top 10 comfort food recipes below and cook up a few to salvage any rainy day.
10. Chicken Fried Steak — Beef, not chicken, is breaded, fried and later topped with a creamy thyme gravy.
9. Fettucine Alfredo — Silky heavy cream, nutty parmesan cheese and butter add texture and flavor to this timeless Italian dish.
8. Braised Short Ribs — After simmering in a red wine-tomato sauce, the short rib meat becomes fall-off-the-bone tender.
7. Southern Fried Chicken — Ready in fewer than 25 minutes, this traditional chicken features Paula’s blend of House Seasoning: salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
6. Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip — This gamed-day dip is a go-to appetizer pick, featuring tangy sour cream and spicy red pepper flakes.
5. Creamy Macaroni and Cheese — Sharp cheddar cheese offers a salty bite and timeless flavor to this indulgent dish.
4. Chicken Parmesan — Pounded chicken breasts are sautéed then baked with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce dotted with kalamata olives.
3. Chicken and Dumplings — To prepare this hearty bowl, gently cook soft dumplings in chicken stew until they float.
2. Good Eats Meatloaf — Loaded with fresh vegetables and such traditional spices as cayenne pepper and chili powder, this juicy meatloaf is topped with a catsup-cumin glaze.
1. Baked Macaroni and Cheese — Alton tops his cheesy pasta with panko breadcrumbs to add crunch and texture to this decadent dish (pictured above).