It’s time for 12 Days of Cookies, Food Network’s annual virtual cookie swap. Each day, visit us here on FN Dish for a peek at new holiday cookies, party-planning tips and top techniques for rolling, spooning, slicing, baking and decorating delicious sweet treats to give — or keep — from favorite Food Network chefs. Visit Cooking Channel’s blog for even more great takes on holiday baking from Cooking Channel chefs and Food People alike.
Though they are crispier than classic gingerbread cookies, ginger snaps are made with many of the same ingredients and boast a warm, spicy flavor, just like their chewy counterparts. To balance the sweetness of his cookies, Alton uses both fresh and candied ginger with fragrant ground spices. When you take the cookies out of the oven, add a light dusting of “snow” to them by sprinkling each with a bit of sanding sugar.
Get Alton’s Ginger Snaps recipe and check out 12 Days of Cookies for dozens more recipes and baking inspiration. Then, join the conversation: Tell us what you’re baking this holiday season and what your all-time favorite cookie is.
- Find recipes for our Top Holiday Cookies and bake up a batch in your kitchen.
- Learn How to Decorate Cookies like the pros.
- Celebrate the season by hosting your own cookie swap. Watch how Food Network stars pull off the ultimate holiday party.
- You’ll Heart These Tiny Hamsters Eating Tiny Food on a Tiny Date
- 5 Nontraditional Valentine’s Day Dining Ideas: No Reservations Required!
- Your Weekender Recipe: Ina’s Chocolate Truffles (the Only Valentine’s Day Treat You Need)
- 5 Ways to Eat Chocolate for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Valentine’s Day