The Next Iron Chef Caption It: Girl Talk

by in Shows, November 25th, 2011
Chef Guarnaschelli, Chef Falkner, Chef Burrell
Your Caption Here

The playing field is now tied up — three women and three men remain to battle it out in NYC for one Next Iron Chef title. In this candid shot from Sunday’s episode, the ladies (Chef Guarnaschelli, Chef Falkner and Chef Burrell) take a quick breath and a rare break in Grand Central Station. Are they strategizing about the next challenge? Bonding and gossiping about the guys?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to watch these talented female chefs in action, we’re challenging you, Next Iron Chef fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Who’s your favorite rival chef so far? Cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

Restaurants Revisited: The Gross, Grosser and Grossest

From creepy crawling insects in the kitchen to appliances overrun with mold and caked in grease, Robert Irvine has seen all manner of filth in eaterie...

1. Sheila says:

Ok I keep seeing comments about how Zakarian made multiple dishes during the cook off's but what Sammuleson he did it over and over and not onlhy that he kept plating soup instead of putting it in a bowl. Whats up with that? I like Falkner and Chirello I think they are both the best cooks. I don't think the judges should be judging on storying telling because when I go to a resturant I don't wnat the damn chef to come tell me a story I want good food. End of Story. As for Guarnaschelli I think she seems nervous and that Burrell seems kind of simple. Just my humble opinion. Since mine doesn't count I have know idea who will really win.

2. stirredup1 says:

Whenever I watched this show, all or in part, I would see a token black person. And when it came to judging most of the time one judge would rate the food the best of the entire evening or at least comment that when discussion is open. When time for credits and honesty the tables turn and that token is eliminated very early in the competition. Rarely making it to the end and or never becoming an iron chef. Have you ever given a black chef honest credits on this show. It looks in unison that the tables turn or black balling is done. How disgraceful, where does the fear come from?

3. Ricky65 says:

I HAVE A QUESTION…WILL WE EVER HAVE A BLACK IRON CHEF??? THERE HAS BEEN 4 SEASONS OF THE NEXT IRON CHEF AND AND THERE HAS YET TO BE A BLACK CHEF EVEN IN THE TOP 3!!! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT IN THIS ENTIRE COUNTRY, WE COULD ONLY FIND ONE BLACK MASTER CHEF??? MARCUS SAMUELSSON WAS FLAT OUT ROBBED!!! THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME…TRULY SAD!!!

4. carla says:

I am so disappointed and sad for the elimination of chef Samuelson, such a good cooker but he don,t need a competition to prouve that he is the best….

5. WestCoastFan says:

Are you kidding me! Jacob is waaay hotter than Edward.

6. John C says:

Chef Guarnaschelli should go. She seems to be able to slid passed other chefs when in fact she should have been in the bottom on at least two times. The lamb meat ball was pathetic and still she was able to stay. I feel that this show lost its creditability because it seems that the new iorn chef has already been selected. I feel that chef Zakarian has shown that he can out cook everyone. Unlike the baker chef Faulkner who has not really cook a meal like chef Zakarian.

• Didi says:

I agree Jon, I think Zakarian is the best candidate. Guarnaschelli is like a child in the kitchen, hollaring at everyone to get out of the way. She got irritated at Faulkner, like a spoiled child when she wanted the grinder to make her lamb patty. She is condescending to her peers on this show, as well she is rarely with a smile on Chopped !! She looks and speaks to the chopped contestants as if they were beneath her. She has a superiority complex, and frankly, I agree I doubt her food was all that. I did like Ann Burrell was sad she got eliminated. Surely I hope there are moderators here reading these comments because everytime I see a show with her in it, I want to turn off the TV. She is downright RUDE, and condescending. There were people competing for the New Foodnetwork Star – that Iost that I would rather have watched on TV than Alex Guaranaschelli. I have a food blog myself and before I actually watched her – I had a recipe that I made and created links to her dish. The dish was beautiful, but I removed the blog because I don't care for the woman. She is very unprofessional I feel in this competition !

• Missy0234 says:

I TOTALLY agree with you. Alex is rude, insulting, and acts like she is so far above all the others. She needs to get over herself. Glad she's gone!

• guest says:

They both are a terrible choice.. If the show is looking for ratings I don't think they will get them.

7. WestCoastFan says:

Caption:

How much did your Bieber tickets cost. :-P

8. Missy0234 says:

Well, I see"evil Alex" is in rare form tonight. Always SO pleasant. I SO hope they give her the boot.

• Djo says:

It seems that YOU are in rare form tonight as well. I hoped every chef did their best ,but it is the point to weed out the chefs that made sub-par food.Lets just hope people don't wish ill will on us shall we.If you delight in the failure of others that just makes me sad for you.

• Missy0234 says:

Alex is mean, and insulting. She upsets me – she was given a wonderful opportunity to become a celebrity chef, and for her to be so negative ALL the time is a disgrace. Very glad she is gone – she needed to be brought down a few pegs.

9. Missy0234 says:

Yippee! SHE's GONE!

10. sandyade says:

OMG!! Ninja Chef is in!!!