Do You Want to Be On Thanksgiving Live! This Sunday?

by in Events, Holidays, November 15th, 2011

thanksgiving live and skype
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year. Ted Allen, Sunny Anderson, Anne Burrell, Melissa d’Arabian, Bobby Flay, Alex Guarnaschelli and Rachael Ray will come together to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal making on Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by Turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 20 from 12 pm to 2 pm.

Do you want to be on Thanksgiving Live! on Food Network?

We are soliciting Skype viewers and callers throughout the country who would like to be part of our show on Sunday, November 20, 12 pm to 2 pm EST.

Email the following information to thanksgivinglive@foodnetwork.com and a Thanksgiving Live! producer may contact you for more information:

Name
Location
Home telephone number
Skype name
Your Thanksgiving question

Stars, Stripes and Everything Nice: 4th of July Treats — Summer Soiree

If the fireworks are sounding off and you’re more concerned with where your next hot dog is coming from, then let’s not kid ourselves. For...

1. dottie says:

It's Monday and the show is on again. Great. I have a question for any of the chefs. They are all great.
    The show has been mostly on turkey. What about ham? My question is how many lbs or ozs. per person
    if you are having turkey and ham say for a realitive small group of 8-10 people?

We've found out that its 1lb to 1lb./5 oz
    for turkey. So same for ham? or since you're serving both say 1 & 1lbers? Dottie/Pamela
    PS As normal it's a full fledge dinner like if you have turkey only.

2. tlittle09 says:

I'm Tim from Orlando and I have a question about asparagus. We love to get it fresh all the time and eat it many different ways, but we never know what to do with the woody stems. Any hints or ideas?

3. Kathy says:

My daughter is gluten free. Help !!!!

4. James carlisle says:

How do you make a good oyster oyster dressing. please help

5. Lynn says:

Alton, I love watching you host and everything, but I would really LOVE to see you cook or prepare a dish LIVE! You're my fav!

6. kyra turner says:

There will only be three of us for Thanksgiving this year, so I am making a stuffed turkey breast. How can I make a tasty gravy without all the dripping and giblets that come from cooking a whole turkey???

7. Charlotte Le says:

Help. We don't care for candied yams. I was wondering if this would be a good recipe instead.

6 baked yams, mashed
    1 pkg of cream cheese
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 tsp allspice (or nutmeg)
    2 cups crushed Fritos corn chips

Combine all ingredients except corn chips. Put in casserole dish and top with corn chips. Bake in oven 350* for 1 hour (not sure of time).

Do you think that will work?

8. JenHut01 says:

Sunny , I need help I couldnt find any Smoke Turkey Neck for my collard greens is it okay if i use some liquid smoke to marinade them?????

9. JenHut01 says:

i need help from anyone who is willing to help i couldnt find any Smoked Turkey Neck is it okay if i use liquid smoke to marinade them for that smoke taste?

10. JenHut01 says:

new question how do i get a marinara sauce to be creamy do i add heavy whipping cream to it?