The Next Iron Chef Caption It: What’s That Smell?

by in Shows, November 11th, 2011

Things take a turn for the sweet on this week’s episode of The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs. The eight remaining rival chefs are challenged to concoct all-star dishes using common confections, forcing many of them far beyond their comfort zones.

In this behind-the-scenes shot, Iron Chef and judge Michael Symon gets up close and personal with one chef’s dish, closely inspecting it for all discernible scents. Will he and the other judges appreciate the fragrance of the dish or be put off by pungent aromas?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to see what Michael smells, we’re challenging you, Next Iron Chef fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Who’s your favorite rival chef so far? Cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

Tater Tots Are Getting Their Chance to Shine in This Crispy Casserole Dish

Tater Tots have long been a side dish darling, with the versatility to accompany nearly any meal, from breakfast to dinner. But in this week’s Chopp...

1. former watcher says:

Bring Chef Irvine back!!!!!!! IRVINE IS THE TRUE IRON CHEF!
    Get rid of stupid Michael Symon. He should be cooking and smoking pot in a bikers bar in Ohio…
    God what a disgusting sham this show has become.
    BRING BACK IRVINE! GET RID OF SIMON AND JOO!!!

2. angry says:

Oh, I forgot to add, that smell on your shoes is Symon and his stupid stooges of judges.
    Bring back Chef Irvine!

3. maskqueraide says:

I'm wondering if the two Iron Chefs judges are going to chose the weakest chef to win so that there wouldn't be much competition for them (Well, Simon for the US) during Iron Chef….Just a thought, since a lot of the really good chefs are being eliminated…

I think the "Hummus being too thick" is just a poorly made excuse to eliminate Chef Irvine. He was a really good competitor, shame to see him go.

Did anyone notice how Judge Joo said hello in a flirtatious manner and put a wisp of her hair behind her ear when Chef Chuck greeted them during judging? Haha, I thought that was funny. Shame to see him go too…

• sherry` says:

they let win whom everthey want to win….so lets not be surprize withever they do. and whoever wins dont get up there think you are the Chef of the century,because i know Chef Marcus was 10 times better than the rest of the group that' lefr

4. i hate symon says:

What's that smell? It's Symon and his stooge judges! What a sham and shameful taint this show has put on the great Iron Chef name. The producers and top hats at FN should be hanging their heads in shame and embarrassment over this sham of a rigged contest.

Chef Irvine is the Iron Chef!

Throw that bum Symon out!

5. Pete M says:

Who cares? The judging was rigged as seen in Episode #2. Michael Symon is a horrid judge and not even in the same league as the worst Super Chefs. I stopped watching after Robert was voted off by the bottom feeders they call judges on this horrendously bad show.

6. Occubyeduck says:

Wishinsek
    Tushesserma
    kichincow
    UsemJessapath
    Tushesserma

7. April says:

I never saw that much filth either. Sometimes I think it's exaggerated to make the show seem more dramatic. If it was that bad I never would have eaten there.

8. Epic Fail says:

I always found it fun to warn any or all of the underlings not to do something, have them ignore me, tell them again not to do it adding the threat of firing and then have them call the owner asking if I can really fire them. It's amazing the amount of respect you get after the owner tells them yes, I can fire them!

9. So sad says:

I just watched the Soup to Nuts episode. What in the world was that owner doing for 100 hours a week? I worked in the restaurant industry for many years. Diner kitchens can get greasy, however as employees we were required to clean at the end of our shift. Thus, the restaurant was ready for the next shift. The owner of S 2 N diner does not appear to have the skill set for managing a restaurant. Her 100 hour week obviously did not include training of serving staff or maintaining a kitchen. After reading many of the comments, it sounds as if Robert Irvine's intervention was a waste of his time and Food Network's money.

10. I think it is really rude of this site to not allow FULL comments. I had so many GOOD things to say about this and yet you won't let me post. So you make me look like an ogre now.

• guest says:

I thought that candy was supposed to be used in all the dishes. I did not see Chef Anne Burrell use Root Beer Candy, I saw her use root beer soda. Chef MacMillion was penalized for it so should she have been. I think that the show is rigged.

• JLF says:

Hers was soda, not root beer candy. It may have been hard to see, but when the jar was lifted up you could see there was foamy liquid inside.

• JLF says:

BTW – if you look at the pictures to the far left on this page, you see the chefs grapping their jars. You can see that Anne's has a spigot that she is about to open to let the soda into a cup. Not candy.

• jeri says:

Root beer was her ingredient. It comes In many forms, soda is one. That is what she code.

• jeri says:

The challenge she got was root beer. I agree that it was in soda form, and that is what se used. Nobody said candy was to be used. Concessions was the challenge and root beer soda ia a concession, that is what she used.

• I believe her ingredient was "root beer," not root beer "candy."