Chatting With the Latest Next Iron Chef: Super Chef Exile

by in Shows, November 14th, 2011

chuck hughes beau macmillian
The fourth season of The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs is in full swing, with 10 new chefs fighting it out for a grand prize that so many would-be chefs covet: joining the ranks of Iron Chefs Marc Forgione, Bobby Flay, Masaharu Morimoto, Cat Cora, Jose Garces and Michael Symon. Each chef will try to pull out all their tricks to stay in the competition but, ultimately, one chef must go home each week. Every Monday, FN Dish brings you exclusive exit interviews with the latest Super Chef to get the boot.

This week, popcorn seemed to do it in for Chuck Hughes and he found himself battling it out with Beau MacMillan in a sudden-death challenge.

FN Dish: Let’s face it: Popcorn will always wind up between your teeth. If you had your way, which concession stand candy would you have picked?

CH: I was really pleased with popcorn, but I think it played against me.

FN Dish: Tofu: You’ve never worked with it or gone out of your way to eat it. Why?

CH: There are so many great foods out there. Why eat tofu?

FN Dish: Your tofu one-bite left a big impression on both Michael and Simon. If you had to do it again, would you put the sauce on the side?

CH: Absolutely. In the spur of the moment, I went for a one-bite wonder. It was my downfall.

FN Dish: Who do you think has the biggest competitive advantage out of the chefs left?

CH: Anne Burrell and Marcus Samuelsson because of their extensive knowledge of competition cooking.

FN Dish: I love watching Marcus’ reactions when things start heating up in the kitchen. Is he the comedian of the bunch or is it you?

CH: It’s not Marcus and it’s not me. It’s the big Beau Mac — he’s the funniest guy I know!

FN Dish: How do you feel about Judy Joo’s word, “foodgasm”?

CH: It makes me want to roll over and fall asleep (wink). Oh. I mean cuddle.

POLL: The Kitchen Gets Set for Soup Season

With the days shorter and the weather turning chilly, you’re likely setting your sights on the warm, comforting flavors of autumn. Just in time ...

1. jamajessie says:

Beau Wins!

Spoiler alert on The Best Food I Ever Made they put up Beau's credentials which included winner of Iron Chef America????? Thanx Food Network ????? They also put up Executive Chef under the person who won Chef Hunter while they were still promoting that show in advance of the series start date

2. LStillwagon says:

I was in shock when Robert Irvine was eliminated from Next Iron Chef. FN needs to replace Judy Joo as one of the Judges; bring Robert Irvine back as one of the Judges right now. Shame on Food Network!

• Donna says:

I agree Robert Irvine should not of been alliminated from the Next Iron Chef especially when one of the chefs didint even follow the rules. Geoffrey Zakarian was passed through because his food was good, but he did not follow the rules, they even said it. He was suppose to cook ballpark food and he cooked avocados please, he should of been disqualified, if he ends up winning this. Then the whole thing is rigged. At least Robert Irvine and Michael Chiarello had one thing cooked right and wrong, but Geoffrey did it all wrong, and they passed him because they said he was a good cook. What happen to Iron Chef winning and obeying the rules. Bring back Robert Geoffrey should of gone. Play fair, not favorites.

3. sarah says:

I WANT CHUCK HUGHES BACK!

4. Pollyanna says:

I can truthfully say from being a long-time food network fan, that I'm a much better cook than I use to be from watching all these crazy food challenges. I would have loved to serve the judges my marshmallow stuffed octopus – just to see the look on their faces. Seriously, I have learned alot from them.

5. jrnygir says:

i wanted the last three to be chuck. robert. ann, and yes judy joo is not funny. and popcorn is supposed to be stuck in your teeth. I agree that bo did not follow the rule along with g.z. why are they still there and chuck and robert gone?