- Comments (5)
The turkey: It’s the star of almost every Thanksgiving dinner table. Whether you prefer dark or white meat, legs, breasts or thighs, the Thanksgiving bird is a family-favorite tradition that can be brined, fried, seasoned, stuffed, glazed, roasted and more. Our top five turkey recipes below encompass a unique mixture of classic and creative takes on this holiday classic that are fit for any Thanksgiving feast.
5. Bobby’s Black Pepper-Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Turkey — For a crispy skin that is both sweet and savory, Tyler brushes the turkey with a tangy glaze featuring pomegranate molasses, Dijon mustard and horseradish.
4. Apricot and Tequila Glazed Turkey — Marcela uses a flavor injector to add a mixture of chicken broth, melted butter and tequila directly into the turkey breasts, thighs and legs to ensure a moist, succulent bird.
3. Anne’s Brined Herb-Crusted Turkey With Apple Cider Gravy — Anne combines rosemary, sage, butter and salt to make an easy crust that she rubs beneath and atop the turkey skin before roasting for flavorful meat and an herb-scented outer layer.
2. World’s Simplest Thanksgiving Turkey — The ultimate quick and easy turkey, this bird is stuffed with classic aromatics such as onions, carrots and apples, rubbed with butter and simply roasted for several hours.
1. Good Eats Roast Turkey — Alton brines his five-star bird (pictured above) in a simple mixture of vegetable stock, brown sugar and allspice berries and roasts it for 30 minutes at 500 degrees F then at 350 degrees F to achieve golden-brown skin and tender, juicy meat.