Best 5 Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipes by Maria Russo in Holidays, Recipes, November 22nd, 2011
- Comment (1)
Appetizers on Thanksgiving can be tricky to manage. After all, you want to serve your guests a few snacks but nothing that may fill them up or detract from the main meal. To solve your appetizer apprehensions, check out Food Network’s top five pre-Thanksgiving dinner recipes below for no-fuss appetizers that will pair perfectly with the bird.
5. Onion Dip from Scratch — Alton uses a combination of sour cream and mayonnaise to make his tangy dip, featuring fresh onions and a dash of garlic powder.
4. Crispy Smoked Mozzarella With Honey and Figs — Giada uses store-bought phyllo dough to save time when making these light and airy eats, which are stuffed with a smoky mozzarella, quickly deep fried and drizzled with a honey-fig sauce.
3. Spiced Pecans — Tossed in melted butter and dusted with a fragrant mixture of cinnamon, cumin, cayenne pepper and dried ground orange peel, these spiced nuts are ready in less than 20 minutes and are a go-to, last-minute appetizer pick.
2. Brie and Onion Puff — Rich and creamy brie cheese and sweet caramelized onions are baked in a puff pastry sheet until the cheese is warm and gooey and the pastry is golden brown.
1. Traditional Southern Deviled Eggs — Paula’s no-fail deviled eggs (pictured above) are a southern staple and our most popular Thanksgiving appetizer.