Thanksgiving Live: Ask Your Question

by in Holidays, October 18th, 2011

thanksgiving turkey
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year. Ted Allen, Sunny Anderson, Anne Burrell, Melissa d’Arabian, Bobby Flay, Alex Guarnaschelli and Rachael Ray will come together to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal making on Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by Turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 20 from 12 pm to 2 pm.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to FoodNetwork.com on Nov. 20 from 12 pm to 2 pm to see if your question has been answered.

After the on-air broadcast concludes, the cast will sit down to enjoy the Thanksgiving feast they prepared during the show, and the online streaming video will continue with post-show coverage. Each guest will contribute a signature dish — covering everything from starters to desserts — and Alton will carve the turkey.

Do you want to be on Thanksgiving Live! on Food Network?

We are soliciting Skype viewers and callers throughout the country who would like to be part of our show: Sunday, November 20, 12 pm to 2pm EST.

Email the following information to thanksgivinglive@foodnetwork.com and a Thanksgiving Live! Producer may contact you for more information:

Name
Location
Home telephone number
Skype name
Your Thanksgiving question

10 Simple Halloween Party Food Hacks for Kids

Here are 10 of the simplest ways to bring tons of Halloween fun to a party, classroom or family table in just minutes. 1. Creepy-Crawly Caterpillars (...

Comments (3,180)

1. Kiltncook says:

Tempura Fried Okra!! Yeahhh! URL: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/temp… . Normal boiled is so yummy, but it's tough to get past the slime! Deep fried w/cornmeal is good, but the flavor is changed. Guy transformed the okra into something pallatable and enjoyable while still preserving its essense. After following his recipe ~ I call it ~ "Okra-Home-Ah"… I cook for my Dad now, and He's from Stilwell, Oklahoma. 'Tis kind of a joke. At 50, I entered Culinary School. I've been a Public School Teacher for over 11 years. The School District dumped all the Non-Tenured Teachers because of lack of funding by the Feds. I took out my retirement to pursue my real dream…. to perform, perfect, and perfect! Heck with that! I just wanna make Dad and God Proud!

2. Sara Louise says:

Hanukkah and Thanksgiving overlap this year. It's a once in a lifetime event! Do you have any culinary ideas/tips on how to fuse the two traditions?

3. DonnaC5 says:

Last year I over cooked my turkey, so my question is…..How do I determine how long to cook a turkey in a convection oven?

4. Ellie W says:

This is for Ina I am making your sausage stuffed mushrooms to bring for thanksgiving. Is there any way I can make them ahead and freeze without the mushrooms becoming soggy? I love this show 3rd year watcher!!

5. Melanie says:

Hi, any chef do you know the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I can use.

By 11 year old Melanie Tew

6. Pat rule says:

I don't have enough room in my oven to bake my corned pudding and leaving the turkey to rest an hour while it bakes is just too long to rest and the turkey will be cold.

I need a corned pudding (creamy custard type not made with cornmeal, etc.) that I can either make ahead of time or one that will work well baked in the microwave.

7. Carrie says:

I plan on making turkey broth today. Will it be ok in the fridge until aThanksgiving or do I need to freeze it? Also can you make stuffing the day before than bake it the day of?

8. Elaine says:

Can I make a mashed potato casserole with cream cheese and milk the day before and reheat?

9. Sally says:

How hard is it to cook a turkey on the grill?

10. Mary Oehlke says:

Should I thoroughly wash the inside of my turkey before roasting?