Thanksgiving Live: Ask Your Question

by in Holidays, October 18th, 2011

thanksgiving turkey
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year. Ted Allen, Sunny Anderson, Anne Burrell, Melissa d’Arabian, Bobby Flay, Alex Guarnaschelli and Rachael Ray will come together to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal making on Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by Turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 20 from 12 pm to 2 pm.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to FoodNetwork.com on Nov. 20 from 12 pm to 2 pm to see if your question has been answered.

After the on-air broadcast concludes, the cast will sit down to enjoy the Thanksgiving feast they prepared during the show, and the online streaming video will continue with post-show coverage. Each guest will contribute a signature dish — covering everything from starters to desserts — and Alton will carve the turkey.

Do you want to be on Thanksgiving Live! on Food Network?

We are soliciting Skype viewers and callers throughout the country who would like to be part of our show: Sunday, November 20, 12 pm to 2pm EST.

Email the following information to thanksgivinglive@foodnetwork.com and a Thanksgiving Live! Producer may contact you for more information:

Name
Location
Home telephone number
Skype name
Your Thanksgiving question

5 Edible Holiday Centerpiece Ideas That Will Wow Your Guests

These fun, creative edible centerpieces are sure to be the star of any holiday party, and they're easy enough for kids to help with. ...

Comments (3,181)

1. noggin says:

Bobby and Giada need to shut up and get a room. Their incessant talking (flirting) is rude.

2. ams says:

I'm getting a whole 10 12 lb boneless turkey for the first time this year. Is there anything I should do differently? Temperature? Cooking time?

3. dorinda says:

How do you keep the turkey warm when it has to rest?

4. John says:

I have 2 questions. I have wild turkeys that are around here. I was planning on using a fresh turkey from one of these groups of birds. Is that recommended or should I go with store bought bird? the second question is a friend told me that it is better to cook the birds upside down, something about the juices being retained. Does it make a difference or not?

5. Susan Tarwid says:

I know how to keep all the sides warm before we eat but I would like to do the turkey a little earlier and keep it moist nd of course warm to hot.

6. Markell says:

In Nov. 2010 Food Network Magazine Alex Guarnaschelli showed how to make Parker House Roles.
    Can the roles be made 1 day ahead and put in the frige to be baked the next day.

7. Carina says:

My family and i have decided too make this thanksgiving wonderful. So I was wondering How many minutes would you cook a turkey?

8. Jerry says:

-Some years ago on Food Network, one of the Chefs did a segment on Gravy.
    -When it came to lumps in the gravy, I can't remember if he said to add "Cold Water" or Hot Water" to the pan

9. Carl says:

If you are cooking for two or three people what are the most important dishes?

10. Nancy Fang says:

I am cooking away and watching your show!!! Awesome!! Only I want to make all that your are showing today!! Yum!! You have answered my questions from the other viewers asking. Keep up the wonderful show!!! Happy Thanksgiving to our wonder chefs!!!