Thanksgiving Live: Ask Your Question

by in Holidays, October 18th, 2011

thanksgiving turkey
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year. Ted Allen, Sunny Anderson, Anne Burrell, Melissa d’Arabian, Bobby Flay, Alex Guarnaschelli and Rachael Ray will come together to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal making on Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by Turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 20 from 12 pm to 2 pm.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to FoodNetwork.com on Nov. 20 from 12 pm to 2 pm to see if your question has been answered.

After the on-air broadcast concludes, the cast will sit down to enjoy the Thanksgiving feast they prepared during the show, and the online streaming video will continue with post-show coverage. Each guest will contribute a signature dish — covering everything from starters to desserts — and Alton will carve the turkey.

Do you want to be on Thanksgiving Live! on Food Network?

We are soliciting Skype viewers and callers throughout the country who would like to be part of our show: Sunday, November 20, 12 pm to 2pm EST.

Email the following information to thanksgivinglive@foodnetwork.com and a Thanksgiving Live! Producer may contact you for more information:

Name
Location
Home telephone number
Skype name
Your Thanksgiving question

Trick or Treat! Your Guide to Being the Most-Popular House on the Block — Fall Fest

What’s the trick to being the go-to trick-or-treating destination on the block? Homemade treats, that’s what. Instead of stocking up on he...

Comments (3,180)

1. Steve E. says:

Is it considered okay to inject a marinade in a spiral ham before baking and what would be considered some good choices?

2. Gary Meharian says:

Hi…..is there an easy way to clean chestnuts….they are so hard to peel and clean.

3. ejvimmerstedt says:

So I'm cooking a goose instead of a turkey for Thanksgiving this year, at my boyfriend's request, and I was wondering if there are any tips? I looked up "goose" on foodnetwork.com but I'm not sure which recipe to use. Please help!

4. Janet says:

Please make Giada Delaurentis stop talking over, interrupting and interrogating. I wanted to hear Ina Garten who I have been looking forward to seei ng and she could not get a word out of her mouth without being verbally strong armed y Delaurentis. I wondered if she would do it to Flay and what do you know, she did. Please make her stop. I want to watch hear from and watch the other people.

• RWS464 says:

I totally agree with you Janet. Giada was so obviously intoxicated and /or on some stimulant. I actually found the whole show very uncomfortable to watch because of her constant rants and interruptions. My guess is that she is on some type of adderall (popular drug amongst holiday types who want to stay thin) and alcohol mix.
      I really wanted to hear more from Ina and wished I could have switched Giada off. Food Network should 'can' her now. In my opinion she has been on the Network long enough. So yes….please make her stop!!!!!

5. I am looking to "kick up" traditional cranberry sauce. I was going to do fresh cranberries with orange zest boiled with brown sugar. Looking for something more like a Cranberry Chutney to get some heat in with the sweetness. Any thoughts?

6. yani says:

hi, my question I am vegetarian need a flavorful vegetarian gravy, thanks yani