POLL: Stovetop or Baked Macaroni and Cheese?

by in Polls, October 13th, 2011

baked maraconi and cheese
Macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food — especially in the fall when the weather starts to turn cool. How you make that macaroni and cheese, however, is the real question. Whether you whip some up from a box and cook it on the stove, or make a baked recipe from scratch, a plate of this gooey, cheesy goodness is sure to make you melt.

Get inspired: Collection for Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Red or White Chili: Which Do You Prefer?

Food Network Magazine wants to know which side you’re on. Vote in the poll below and tell FN Dish whether you prefer red or white chili....

1. Sue says:

I love baked mac n cheese, but my kids prefer stovetop…so that's what I usually end up making.

2. tropicaleats says:

baked ftw!

3. Joolz says:

I will take Mac & Cheese any way you want to make it….unless it's in the blue box … blech!

I like to make mine extra rich with 4-5 kinds of cheese in a rich, creamy white sauce with buttered panko crumbs and parmesan on top

4. Nan says:

Joolz is dead right, and it sounds like she makes hers like I do, with one exception: i add crumbled bacon bits to my topping.

5. Flo Y Edmondson says:

If I were on death row with my last meal there would be baked mac/cheese on that tray!!! With MY favorite cheese(s)..sorry if you put feta or blue in there I'm not gonna die til you change it!!!

6. Pammie says:

If I make it myself I bake it, but I love the blue box stovetop stuff when I don’t have time for home made. Sorry all you mac n cheese purists!

7. Lydia says:

I definitely like it from scratch, but I usually take a from scratch receipe and make on the stove top. I find that if it bakes it ALWAYS loses it's creaminess. It's just not as good when it dries up in the oven.