POLL: Stovetop or Baked Macaroni and Cheese?

by in Polls, October 13th, 2011

baked maraconi and cheese
Macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food — especially in the fall when the weather starts to turn cool. How you make that macaroni and cheese, however, is the real question. Whether you whip some up from a box and cook it on the stove, or make a baked recipe from scratch, a plate of this gooey, cheesy goodness is sure to make you melt.

Get inspired: Collection for Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Which Is Better: Chocolate Fondue or Cheese Fondue?

It’s impossible to go wrong with fondue. You can go the savory route and dunk chunks of bread into a bowl of thick and velvety melted cheese, or...

1. Sue says:

I love baked mac n cheese, but my kids prefer stovetop…so that's what I usually end up making.

2. tropicaleats says:

baked ftw!

3. Joolz says:

I will take Mac & Cheese any way you want to make it….unless it's in the blue box … blech!

I like to make mine extra rich with 4-5 kinds of cheese in a rich, creamy white sauce with buttered panko crumbs and parmesan on top

4. Nan says:

Joolz is dead right, and it sounds like she makes hers like I do, with one exception: i add crumbled bacon bits to my topping.

5. Flo Y Edmondson says:

If I were on death row with my last meal there would be baked mac/cheese on that tray!!! With MY favorite cheese(s)..sorry if you put feta or blue in there I'm not gonna die til you change it!!!

6. Pammie says:

If I make it myself I bake it, but I love the blue box stovetop stuff when I don’t have time for home made. Sorry all you mac n cheese purists!

7. Lydia says:

I definitely like it from scratch, but I usually take a from scratch receipe and make on the stove top. I find that if it bakes it ALWAYS loses it's creaminess. It's just not as good when it dries up in the oven.