Ina’s Favorite Fall Recipes and Alton’s Seasonal Eating

by in Food Network Chef, October 27th, 2011

ina garten
Ina Garten recently shared a few of her favorite fall recipes on the Today Show. The clip features her Roast Loin of Pork With Fennel, Creamy Parmesan Polenta and an Easy Cranberry and Apple Cake from her latest best-selling cookbook, Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That?

Alton Brown has teamed with Welch’s and Zagat to introduce the Taste of Harvest Guide for 2012, which includes a free downloadable guide for picking fresh, local and seasonal foods to encourage and excite people about eating produce. Fitness Magazine featured this must-have eating guide and spotlighted Alton’s love for the fall harvest, when nutrients and flavor are at their highest levels. The guide encourages shopping at farmers’ markets for fresh items to prepare at home and finding restaurants that are offering seasonal fare.

Paula Deen and Ree Drummond are women entrepreneurs succeeding in a “man’s world” according to Forbes Magazine. Both were able to launch successful businesses without spending a lot of money to get started and paved their own way in male-driven industries. Neither had investors, offices or start-up plans, but each launched their careers on their own with the determination to succeed. Read about their journey to success.

The Food Network Fans are constantly looking for info and sharing links on where we can find favorite stars, discuss favorite shows, visit a book signing, or see an appearance in other venues. We invite you to stop by and visit at FoodNetworkFans.com.

Trisha Yearwood Hosts a Down-Home Brunch — and Demos New Music

Before this weekend’s New York City Wine & Food Festival came to a close, fans flocked to Midtown Manhattan on Sunday afternoon for one fina...

1. Betsy says:

I love Food Network and have watched it for years! But now it has gotten to be more "reality tv" than cooking. In my area all they are showing is "Chopped". One episode a day is fine but episode after episode of reruns everyday is to much. What has happened to the cooking shows? I have started watching Cooking network because they actual COOK! some of it may be wierd but at least they are cooking!!! Please go back to showing "how to cook shows" Thanks

2. sam says:

I agree with you Betsy, I like to watch more cooking show and I love Aarti party I wonder why they change her show timings, is the ceo of the food network is ok! i want food network to repeat aarty party more.

3. Max Jr Martinez says:

You remind of the LADY from the movie MISERY.

4. marie says:

Happy Holidays to all.Does anyone have penchue fudge recpie ?

5. Madeleine M Clark says:

I loved your recipe with the lentejas but have two questios. What are gherkins. I live in Costa Rica and have no idea what they are. Thank you

6. Sherry says:

I too feel FoodNetwork is turning too much into reality TV. I love Ina, Sandra, Giada, Tyler, Nigella….where are these programs today? Also, can you guide me to where I might ask Ina for Paris cooking schools she recommends. Going over for a year abroad. Many thanks and I love being a foodie still!

7. really delighted to find out similarly info that i has been trying to find a quantity of years.This distinct manufactured truly pleased! At any rate

8. Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a great website.

9. Hi there, I found your site via Google at the same time as looking for a similar subject, your web site came up, it appears to be like good. I have added to my favourites|added to bookmarks.

10. I believe it really is a fantastic a single