- Comments (10)
The Halloween season practically requires us to consume unusual amounts of sugary treats. This year, whether you are hosting a Halloween party or simply entertaining trick-or-treaters, offer homemade sweet snacks in addition to the community candy bowl. Our top five recipes for spooky Halloween treats are go-to classics that kids and kids at heart will enjoy.
5. Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes — Sandra’s 30-minute recipe utilizes store-bought cupcakes, which she tops with rich, dark-chocolate frosting and shaped orange fondant.
4. Pecan-Caramel Spiders — Homemade caramel and pecan clusters become the spider bodies while licorice acts as legs and melted and shaved chocolate toppings add realistic color and texture.
3. Whoopie Pumpkin Pies — Light, fluffy and filled with a smooth cinnamon-laced cream cheese frosting, Pat and Gina’s sweet sandwiches are the ultimate pumpkin treat.
2. Ghastly Meringues — Requiring just four basic ingredients, this recipe is scary-simple to make and yields airy, crispy meringues.
1. Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Cakes — Paula uses a packaged mix to make her single-serving cakes (pictured above), baked with a pumpkin-cream cheese filling and topped with whipped cream and crushed candy pieces.
Browse Food Network for more of our favorite Halloween recipes and tips.