Whether you’re hosting an elegant dinner party, a holiday gathering or just an afternoon tailgate, no get-together is complete without an appetizer spread. Skip the usual tray of veggies and ranch, and opt for quick and easy homemade selections that will leave your guests comfortably satisfied until the main meal. Our top five appetizer recipes below offer traditional and unique versions of your favorite pre-dinner eats that are ready in a flash.
5. Ina’s Savory Palmiers — Ina saves time by using store-bought puff pastry to make these pesto-packed snacks.
4. Giada’s Fried Ravioli — Light, crispy and perfectly cheesy, Giada’s eat-with-your-hands ravioli are best dunked in warm marinara sauce.
3. Ina’s Salmon Cakes — For extra-moist salmon patties, Ina adds mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and beaten eggs to her simple but stunning starter.
2. Alton’s Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip — Ready in just 15 short minutes, Alton’s go-to good eat features vitamin-rich spinach, tangy sour cream and a pinch of red pepper flakes for subtle heat.
1. Mary Alice’s Hoagie Dip — Showcasing such classic hoagie ingredients as Italian deli meats and cheeses and mild pepperoncini peppers, this winning game-day appetizer (pictured above) is quick to prepare and can feed a crowd.
Check out Food Network for more easy Appetizers and classic party-starters.