What Are Your Favorite Fall Foods?

by in Community, September 22nd, 2011

chicken-corn chile
As the weather starts to change from scorching hot to blissfully breezy, so does the temperature of seasonal dishes. Fall is synonymous with comfort foods like warm soups, casseroles and baked goods hot out of the oven.

Not surprisingly, when Food Network asked Facebook fans “I can’t wait to cook _____ this fall,” more than 3,300 people had something to say.

The countdown to full-on fall has officially begun, and fans can’t wait to bust out the crockpot and make warm, hearty chili. Try Giada’s White Bean and Chicken Chili. Red pepper flakes bring heat to the cannellini beans, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese at the end is melt-in-your-mouth good. Add some beef to your beans with Ellie’s Three Bean and Beef Chili. Chipotle chile, adobo sauce and red bell pepper add color and flavor to this comfort classic.

Throw in some corn for Food Network Magazine‘s Chicken-Corn Chile (pictured above) with jalapenos, pinto beans and lots of cheese to heap on top.

Fall vegetables like butternut squash and pumpkin were also at the top of the list. Fans can’t get enough butternut squash soup, so we’ve got 13 different versions you can try every week of fall.

Make your autumn complete with the quintessential Pumpkin Pie from Paula. Canned pumpkin, sugar and ground ginger keep this pie simple yet tasty.

Chicken and dumplings, Thanksgiving dinner and gumbo round out your favorite fall foods. Try Rachael’s take on Chicken and Dumplings, with carrots, peas and potato, or make the Neelys’ Chicken and Dumplings for divine dumplings in no time.

The World’s Best Combination: Cheesecake Brownies

You would never guess that these marbled brownies combine two decadent treats, lightened up. The cheesecake layer is made with reduced-fat cream chees...

1. Barbara Fulcher says:

Hello Food Network…. I have enjoyed your station for about a year now. My problem is this, the show Chopped has specific rules. But, the judges dont' vote according to those rules, it seems unfair to some of the contestants on the show. My question: Why don't the judges adhere to the rules the network has established? Chopped is one of my favorite show's, I would hate, I mean hate to stop watching it because they don't follow the rules!

Barbara Fulcher

2. patty says:

would like to c some of the daytime shows like paula , sandra, contess at nite some people work during the
    day.

3. JoNell says:

Why does Giada have to have her Boobs hanging out. it has nothing to do with cooking .
    If it was so in Vogue. Everyone would be doing the same thing. Ugh

4. VMX says:

No she is not a very pretty lady. Her nose is much too thin.

5. Paula Stanek says:

Love Rachel Ray however my friends and I notice that her meals, although are delish, they are always beige in color. I agree Gilda isn't one of my faviorites. Yes, we need more cookng shows from 6 – 9 for us working folks. I usually try at least 1 new recipe a week! Always, enjoy Food Network !

6. Gene says:

I have met Giada and she is a completely wonderful person. Sorry if your not as lovely as she is deal with it.

7. Anjoli says:

Her nose is too thin? Seriously? Grow up. I suppose you are the prettiest little creature to ever walk the earth, with no flaws and no features you would like to change? Oh, please. When you are picking apart someone's appearance to the point that you criticize her nose (which doesn't even have any problems!), you have problems. She is beautifully and wonderfully made, just as you are and we all are, so stop putting others down for stupid and little things. Focus on the reason she is on the Food Network: she is a talented chef with a passion for what she does.

8. Cnris says:

Giada is great,haters keep your opinions to yourselves. Her recipes are great tasting, and she comes across as confident and all aboput family.

9. Mavis Vosmus says:

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I’m quite sure I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

10. Berry Schurz says:

magnificent. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great site.