And The Great Food Truck Race Winner Is…

by in Shows, September 26th, 2011

The second season of The Great Food Truck Race hit the road with eight new food trucks and a grand prize of $100,000. Every Sunday, we saw each truck pull out all the tricks to stay in the game. But, ultimately, one truck said goodbye each week. Sunday night, it was down to the final two: The Lime Truck and Hodge Podge. Both battled multiple Speed Bumps and a Truck Stop that changed the competition for good.

Warning: spoiler alert after the jump.

the lime truck

In the end, The Lime Truck took home the grand prize. After winning the Truck Stop, they received a $1,500 reward that would make it nearly impossible for Hodge Podge to catch up.

Stay tuned for our interviews with both trucks later this week.

While fans couldn’t choose the winner of the show, they did have a chance to vote for America’s Favorite Local Food Truck. Check out the results.

What to Watch: Let Food Network Magazine Take You On a Cross-Country Culinary Tour

Join Bobby Flay and Food Network Magazine on a cross-country culinary expedition to find the most-delicious dishes in the country....

1. Frankh says:

I watch this series and was happy till the end. Because the bonus was so big it pretty much picked the winner. So after spending my time watching this one guy in Florida picked a winner based on one piece of fish.

Also never had what lime truck made as a desert. Think they served breakfast not desert. While I like them I think a dq was in order.

2. Thom says:

I guess I'm glad to see that Tyler got his favorite to win. I have never seen a race so loaded for one contestant as this one. Their food didn't look like a winner. They whined every time they lost. You've lost a viewer on this one. They didn't deserve to win, but you could see from the middle episode that Lime Truck was going to win because Tyler wanted them to, rather than being a deserving winner.

3. Madi says:

The guy with long hair is so attractive I'm glad they won!

4. Linda Bennett says:

I really think that there needs to be more creativity in the development of this show. The ending was anti-climatic with one team there and one team not. Did not like that. I also think that the “speed bumps” should be more food related not equipment and staff related that gives a totally unfair advantage. This is a food show not a trick and pony show. Get a grip Tyler.

5. Cant wait for Season 3 of the Great Food Truck Race. Hope its coming soon. I cant help but wonder if Korilla did not cheat what the outcome would of been. As tyler said they did not need to cheat they would of made it, and hodge eliminated.

I thought the Final in the first season was more interesting, and the ending in season 2 was not as suspenseful as hoped. All the truck stops and speed bumps challenges were interesting and I think valid challenges to any operator of a food truck. Many of the scenarios could happen in real life – truck towed, a man down, no propane etc. You have to remember it is a TV show, and thousands of hours would of been filmed and condensed into a 50 minute show.

Bring on Season 3

6. Chef Martin says:

Go Lime Truck!! OC shows we have the best chefs!!!

7. @Captiosus says:

I finally got around to watching the final episode and I can summarize my thoughts on the entire season in one word: Disappointed.

At the close of season 1, the reliance on gimmicks started to show. In season 2, the food – which I thought was the whole point of a coast-to-coast FOOD TRUCK competition – took a back seat to Survivor-esque gamesmanship. The Korilla situation is still a complete mystery; Accused of cheating with no proof and no way to challenge it. Korilla is *just itching* for the Non-Disclosure Agreement to end so they can make their statements on it.

A byproduct of the Korilla situation shows just how ridiculous this show was. The Sky truck, for example, was FORCED to use their seed money to pay for their flat tire because they got their seed money hundreds of miles away from the first competition. But then Korilla cheats because they put -their own- money in the till? I thought they weren't supposed to have access to -their own- money during the competition. And if they did, why was Sky forced into a game-breaking situation right out of the gate? Sky didn't even get a chance.

Season 2's finale's gimmicks were ridiculous. Having the trucks forcibly towed and then forcing them to make food they don't normally sell? I'm sure someone is going to say "oh it's supposed to mimic real life" and that's a load of bull. In real life, a truck illegally parked is going to get a warning or a ticket and told to move before being towed, not forcibly shut down and I doubt Hodge or Lime have -ever- woke up one morning thinking, 'Man we should make desserts for 2 hours in the morning.' Again, wasn't this supposed to be a FOOD competition?

I feel like this entire thing was engineered from the start with producers sitting around thinking how they could get these particular two to the final with plausible deniability. Sky's never got a chance, Korilla never got to face their accusers, Seabirds were put at repeat disadvantages with truck stops.

After this season, I can't say I'm interested in a Season 3 in the slightest.

8. I have fun with, result in I discovered exactly what I was having a look for. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

9. What i do not realize is in fact how you’re now not really much more smartly-favored than you may be right now. You are so intelligent. You know thus considerably relating to this topic, made me personally believe it from so many various angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested except it is something to do with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. At all times maintain it up!

10. Hello, you have a cool way of writing. I will bookmark it and return in the future. Thank you..