Rock and Bowl With Anne Burrell

by in Events, September 30th, 2011

Anne Burrell before bowling at Lucky Strike
Anne Burrell bowled with the best of them last night at her Rock & Bowl cookbook release party at Lucky Strike in New York City. Neon-colored lanes, plush seating and an expansive bar set the backdrop, while party goers snacked on plates of bruschetta, stuffed mushrooms and polenta from Anne’s Cook Like a Rock Star.

Donning an edgy black dress with her signature spiked hair, Anne traded in her high heels for bowling shoes and a bright pink ball. Food Network stars Alex Guarnaschelli, Marc Forgione, Aarti Sequeira and Claire Robinson also joined in the fun.

Upbeat dance music pumped through the speakers while guests knocked down pins, played pool and sipped on margaritas and palomas — a mix of tequila and grapefruit juice — in the vast, luxe lounge.

Anne Burrell being interviewed by Food Network Dish

After bowling for nearly four hours, Steve Morton from Florence, Ala., was crowned the Rock & Bowl champ with a score of 158.

New to bowling, Anne practiced a few times before the big night. Her strategy was a simple one: “Like everything I do, I just have fun,” she says. Dancing around after making her spare, Anne got serious for a moment when we asked her what she enjoyed most about the night.

“All the love from the fans,” she says. “Everyone has amazing, inspiring stories. That’s the real frosting on the cake.”

Food Network “Lights It Up Blue” for Autism Today

Notice something different on Food Network this morning? Today, Food Network and Cooking Channel are participating in the Autism Speaks: Light It Up B...

1. LINDA says:

BRING BACK ANNE BURRELL'S ' SECRET OF A RESTAURANT CHEF' TO WEEKDAY TV on THE FOODNETWORK !!!!!! .I THINK SHE IS A GREAT TEACHER ,SHE MAKES COOKING /BAKING LOOK EASY AND FUN THANKS

2. Soozin says:

Tried to win every possible contest to get to Rock and Bowl &nycwff–but will experience through pictures, tweets & blogs. But please, please bring back daily eps of "Secret"?! It was a fun, daily cooking lesson.

3. sindilouwho says:

Seriously! Bring back ANNE'S SHOW to a decent time slot!!! She's amazing and so talented. One of the chefs who not only explains what she's doing but WHY. One of FN's BEST!

4. FN and Anne fan says:

Love Anne's show and really miss it. I'm always checking the program listings to see if it is on that day in some other time slot. She is a great teacher and creator of good food like many of the other FN chefs, but I also love the unexpected moments of humor, and this is what sets her apart from the others. One of my favorites was when she said if you didn't like a particular ingredient she was using, you could leave it out, but then the Recipe Police will be over right away. It was so spontaneous and hysterical! I also went out of my way to watch Iron Chef to see if she was sous-cheffing for Mario Batali. The only other chef that has that "something" extra to me is Guy Fieri. I told my husband it was funny that my two favorites both had spiky blond hair! Good luck to Anne on the new Iron Chef–I am rooting for her!

5. Sandra says:

I love Anne's show and am so disappointed that I can't get it anymore. Her knowledge is outstanding and she explains things in a way that no other chef does on TV. I'm so tired of so many of these phonies on this network, never try their recipes, but I have printed and tried many of Anne's. Also, ordered her new book yesterday. Just one question, what is her special finishing oil? Good luck to Anne on the next Iron Chef competition, I'm pulling for her.

6. alison says:

I was lucky enough to attend this SUPER-FUN event a got a copy of Anne's cookbook…the recipes sound delicious- and the photos are beautiful. I can't wait to try them!. Love you Anne-you rock!

• Debaliscious says:

Glad to hear the party was so much fun!! Wish I was there. Looks like it was an awesome night…and you sound de-lish yourself, alison.

7. hmay311 says:

You just know that anything that involves Anne Burrell is going to be a good time. LOVE her show, can't wait to get my hands on her new cookbook! FN needs to really invest in her and her show, it's a no brainer that she actually teaches and makes it fun and accessable!

8. Shirley Strawn says:

I hope you will bring back Anne Burrell to daytime TV. I love her cooking and her entertainment that is a part of her cooking.

9. Hello there there! This post could not be prepared any much better! Perusing by means of this publish reminds me of my earlier room mate! He normally held talking about this. I’ll ahead this short article to him. Very convinced he will have a good scan. Thank you for sharing!

10. e-liquid says:

light and make it important. Additional folks should read this and comprehend this side of the story. I cant think about youre no more widespread since you