Behind-the-Scenes Photos of Food Network’s Star Book Tour

by in Behind the Scenes, September 25th, 2011

food network star book tour
Last month, fans of Food Network Star had the chance to get up close and personal with Susie Jimenez, Mary Beth Albright, Whitney Chen, Vic “Vegas” Moea and the Sandwich King, Jeff Mauro, during the Food Network Star: The Official Insider’s Guide Book Tour.

We were there to snap memorable moments, including an unforgettable autographed sandwich signed by the Sandwich King himself.

food network star book tour autographed sandwich

food network star book tour jeff mauro

food network star book tour jeff and vic

food network star book tour jeff and whitney

Food Network Star: The Official Insider’s Guide to America’s Hottest Food Show brings you all the drama of seasons one through seven — plus winning recipes like Guy’s Chipotle Pasta and Melissa’s Skirt Steak Tostadas — along with candid photographs, revealing bios, trivia, and insider stories about the contestants and celebrity chef judges like Bobby Flay, Rachael Ray, Paula Deen and more.

Sunny Dishes on Episode 1 of The Kitchen + Offers Behind the Scenes Photos

by Sunny Anderson Haaaiii! It’s Sunny Anderson on the FN Dish check-in. On behalf of Katie Lee, Marcela Valladolid, Jeff Mauro and Geoffrey R...

1. Chuck says:

While I would have liked to have seen more of Susie and Vic, I think that Jeff was the best choice for the next food network star.
    I just wish that they would give his show more of a chance to shine. Have it show more then once early in the morning on Sunday please. His show concept is one of the more interesting and original concepts that I've seen in a long time. And his practical approach to cooking reminds me of Alton brown. I'd like to see more of Jeff.

2. jgtexan says:

I don't usually make comments, but I have to vent this to get it off my chest. What was FN thinking making a show about making sandwiches? HELLO, any idiot can make a sandwich! The sandwich was invented by putting "a meal into a sandwich". You missed the mark by not putting Susie Jiminez on your lineup. I would watch her anytime to build my menu of Mexican food. I hope you at least put her on your sister channel Cooking Channel. Food Network, you need to get more cultural diversity in your food. Most people are looking to explore foods and add variety to their meals; you helped when you got Aarti Sequeria for Indian food. I love her, and have tried several of her dishes and tips. I love the Mexican Made Easy show when you show it…it's just not on enough! Now you need to get an Oriental show on that shows easy/practical dishes the average person can make. I won't waste time watching the arrogant "Sandwich King". What a joke!

3. UnHappy says:

I must agree with jgexan. I watched Jeff this AM and was agast with how much weight this guy has put on. Looks like 30 lbs. I dont think I will watch this show any more often than Arti farty which is long enough to change the channel to the 6AM news. Mos def not be make the fatty food he's pushing on an already over weight America. Also the boys in the cutting room should have removed the parts about " if I had a mexican granny" from his ramblings.

4. Judy says:

I think Jeff does a great job with his show. He is entertaining and I think the sandwich theme is awesome. But, if I were directing his show, I would take out the "inserts" like the one with the tomatilla sauce. I would have liked to see him prepare this sauce, and I would have saved the plantain segment for its own show. It was too much information crowded into a half hour, and made me tired after the show. I would like to see more down time with Jeff's funny personality. Would like to see him do a show with Paula Deen. Love his show, love his food!

5. Lou says:

The fact that you like Arty Farty explains your comment. Susie lost. Get over it and go cry in your taco.

6. JPaul says:

jgtexann couldnt be more off. This isnt the mexican food network channel we are talking about. You have to consider the viewers and what people want to see and learn how to cook. There is already a number of different ethinciities being catered to on the show and having 2 or 3 different people cooking mexican is just overkill. Now I do agree that Jeffs take on sandwich meals is a little weak and that there is no way they should be pushing the people to make unhealthy food, but his personality is perfect for the food network. After watching the meals prepared closely in the last while, if viewers cooked the food prepared by Sunny Anderson, Paula Deen, and Jeff, they will be digging an even earlier grave than they are already. Easy, healthy, delicious food needs to make a comeback.

7. mythoughts says:

Who knows perhaps with all the comments said against having a food show about making sandwiches, Jeff will spice up the show by making it culturally exciting to cater to all nations

8. L Korman says:

Can anyone tell me what happened to The Sandwich Kings show – havent been able to find it for 4-5 weeks now…….

9. Idele says:

What happened to our most recent Food Network new star? (June, 2012) Is Elton busy producing his show?
    Havd I missed something?